The Family Piggy Bank

Planning for your family's future

Group Home

What is your go to recipe when you are invited to a pot luck?

by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 9:40 PM
Replies (11-17):
othermom
by Danelle on Feb. 13, 2013 at 9:12 AM

Sometimes we bring pico digio(I have no clue how to spell it) and chips, or I might make cookies.

emilyrosenj
by Margaret on Feb. 13, 2013 at 2:27 PM

I don't usually get invited to pot lucks so I just decide at that time.  Last time was at work we had a chili cook off and I made a vegetarian chili.  My vegetarian friends were grateful!

ethans_momma06
by Queen of Awesomeness on Feb. 13, 2013 at 3:31 PM

Ive never been to one!

copperswifey
by Silver Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 9:24 PM

lil smokies in a homemade bbq sauce, meatballs or bacon wrapped tenderloin :)

charlene_kyle
by Charlene on Feb. 16, 2013 at 10:34 AM

Those sound delicious.

Quoting taniamorse85:

The only potlucks I go to these days are family gatherings, and I have a very picky extended family.  The only recipe I've done that they are willing to eat (so far) are pumpkin snickerdoodles.  I got the family to try them at Thanksgiving last year, and I was begged to make them for Christmas within a couple bites!  Someday, I am determined to get them to try something else new.

Scottishbrat33
by Member on Feb. 17, 2013 at 2:31 AM
1 mom liked this

l like an  old fashion potatoe salad. First you get 8 medium size red potatoes put them in a potof hot water let them boil till they are tender not too soft.Take them out of the pot, then let them cool on paper towels. You do the same thing with 4 eggs.only you boil a good 10 minutes Let them cool so you can peel them.Then four celery sticks long and thick chop them up not to fine.Put onions the same way, chop them not too fine.Each item you have for this salad keep them separate till it's time to mix every thing together.You can chop up some green pepper some people do that not always. Now put on food gloves. First I use Miricale Whip by Kraft.Be generous with it then take your hands that have food gloves on and start mixing the items together.Do it gently.When you mixed it around. Then take paprika and shake it  all over the salad.eating

eustacejessica
by Jess on Feb. 17, 2013 at 10:16 AM

I usually will make some sort of dessert.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)