Inside the Kitchen

Your guide to creating meal magic every day - from cooking to baking to entertaining for any occasion.

Group Home

GREEN NOODLES
For kids who don’t mind a bit of green on their plate, here’s a simple, tasty veggie sauce on pasta.

4 to 6 moderate servings

• 8 ounces pasta, your choice of shape
    (spaghetti, spirals, wagon wheels, small shells, etc.)
  • 1 tablespoon nonhydrogenated margarine

Sauce:

• 1 cup frozen green peas, thawed
  • 1 cup finely chopped broccoli florets, steamed
  • 1/2 cup crumbled soft tofu
  • 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
  • 1/4 cup rice milk
  • Salt to taste

Bring plenty of water to a boil in a large saucepan. Cook the pasta until just done, then drain.

In the meantime, combine the frozen peas and broccoli florets in a saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a simmer, then remove from the heat and drain well.

Combine the peas and broccoli with the remaining sauce ingredients in a food processor or blender and process until smoothly pureed. Pour over the cooked spaghetti or pasta and toss to combine. Season with salt and serve at once.

Read more at http://www.vegkitchen.com/kid-friendly-recipes/noodles/#xGDPHUHFC65FWQrb.99 

Proud Navy Wife since 1/10/06; toddler girl Mother to McKenna since 12/11/08,  toddler girl McKaela since 5/27/10 & baby girl Maisie since 8/15/11.

Due in September? Join us in September 2011 Babies!

by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 11:11 AM
Replies (21-23):
Harris06
by Megan on Feb. 16, 2013 at 8:02 PM

I just don't like milk. LOL 

Quoting elijahsmama09:

Quoting Harris06:

I am pretty indifferent to tofu but don't really care for it in, like, miso soups or anything. As for the milk, I would use rice because that is what we drink. Well, that or cow's. My youngest can't take cow's milk and doesn't like almond milk or coconut milk or soy milk (which I am ok with). She likes goat's milk but it is uber expensive here and we don't have a farmer's market or anything that sells goat's milk close by so that isn't an option. Rice it is!! haha

Quoting elijahsmama09:

I am not a big fan of tofu either, but tofu if it is mixed into things just takes on the flavor of the veggies with it. It doesn't have a flavor on its own. It also makes i creamy. I would try it with the tofu and see if you like it. I would however use almond milk and not rice, lol. 

Hubby likes rice milk. I detest it, lol. I love almond milk. I prefer it to even cows milk. 

Proud Navy Wife since 1/10/06; toddler girl Mother to McKenna since 12/11/08,  toddler girl McKaela since 5/27/10 & baby girl Maisie since 8/15/11.

Due in September? Join us in September 2011 Babies!

ReniaEats
by Member on Feb. 17, 2013 at 8:50 AM

I like tofu, but am sort of skeptical about this one. Has anyone tried it?

LiveLearnEat
by Member on Feb. 17, 2013 at 9:16 AM

That sounds good, thanks for sharing!

xx,
Sabrina @ Living, Learning, Eating

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advertisement Advertisement
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN