Inside the Kitchen

Your guide to creating meal magic every day - from cooking to baking to entertaining for any occasion.

Group Home

eating healthy on a budget

Posted by on Feb. 24, 2013 at 3:00 PM
  • 19 Replies

i am trying to get my family to eat healthy on a low budget Help?

family car

CafeMom Tickers
by on Feb. 24, 2013 at 3:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Renee47
by Member on Feb. 24, 2013 at 3:07 PM

Buy in bulk it is cheaper!

MamaMandee
by Mandee on Feb. 24, 2013 at 3:22 PM
Check out the site Cooking Light, not only is it healthy recipes but they show the price pre-serving. Health.com is another good one.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
4kidz916
by Bronze Member on Feb. 24, 2013 at 3:31 PM

Make as many meals as you can from scratch.  They are cheaper and much healthier than frozen or boxed meals.  Bulk bins help and of course watch for sales.

Bmat
by Bronze Member on Feb. 24, 2013 at 6:01 PM
1 mom liked this

Beans and rice,  pasta with cheese or beans,  soups.

copperswifey
by Silver Member on Feb. 24, 2013 at 6:36 PM

we have started cutting out all the junk food and that saves a lot of money for the good stuff. I also stock up on chicken when it goes on sale and pork chops. :)

Kmakksmom
by on Feb. 24, 2013 at 8:46 PM

This lady is pretty cool.  I have her on my Facebook too...

Look here.

kgrove93
by New Member on Feb. 24, 2013 at 8:49 PM

ok thank you all 

family car

CafeMom Tickers
taniamorse85
by Bronze Member on Feb. 26, 2013 at 1:36 AM

I highly recommend checking out Budget Bytes.  The lady who does that site does a breakdown by price for all ingredients and includes step-by-step directions with photos.  Not all of her recipes are healthy, but you can definitely find some healthy, tasty recipes on the site.

JasonsMom2007
by on Feb. 26, 2013 at 1:38 AM
Grow a garden. My kids had cucumber, carrots, an orange, and a couple of bites of chicken for lunch.
If you live where it is allowed you might consider getting chickens. We have 6 adults and just got 6 babies too.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
emilyrosenj
by Margaret on Feb. 26, 2013 at 7:11 AM
I second her site, very good and new things to try. Also Gracious pantry and skinny taste...

Quoting taniamorse85:

I highly recommend checking out Budget Bytes.  The lady who does that site does a breakdown by price for all ingredients and includes step-by-step directions with photos.  Not all of her recipes are healthy, but you can definitely find some healthy, tasty recipes on the site.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advertisement Advertisement