Inside the Kitchen

Your guide to creating meal magic every day - from cooking to baking to entertaining for any occasion.

Group Home

New Recipes, Did It Make The Cut?

Posted by on Feb. 24, 2013 at 3:46 PM
  • 18 Replies
What was the last new recipe you tried? Will you be adding it to your regular menu?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 24, 2013 at 3:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MichelleK41
by Bronze Member on Feb. 24, 2013 at 5:05 PM

A choc. type cheesecake, it was ok other than the nasty gelatin did not dissolve right.

Bmat
by Bronze Member on Feb. 24, 2013 at 5:58 PM

It was a broccoli casserole- to be fair, I didn't have a couple of the ingredients so had to improvise, but it wasn't all that good. I may make it again when I have everything.

4kidz916
by Bronze Member on Feb. 24, 2013 at 6:00 PM

I tried a new recipe last week for quinoa stuffed red peppers.  We didn't  really care for them so we won't be having them again. 

taniamorse85
by Bronze Member on Feb. 24, 2013 at 6:06 PM

Hmmm...I think it was the beef-stuffed acorn squash I did a little over a week ago.  I am definitely doing those again!  In fact, the squash is already on my shopping list.

mich.el.le
by on Feb. 24, 2013 at 6:08 PM

Home made caramel sauce. It was awesome. I won't make it often though, since it's sooo unhealthy. lol Last new meal I made was spinach and ricotta stuffed chicken breasts. They were sooo good. They're definitely going on the menu for a ''splurge'' meal.

copperswifey
by Silver Member on Feb. 24, 2013 at 6:19 PM

I just made it for dinner tonight. It was hawaiian pork sandwiches. They had so many flavors. It was sweet, spicy and savory. Itwas super yummy! It would be something I would serve if people were coming over to impress them lol :)

copperswifey
by Silver Member on Feb. 24, 2013 at 6:21 PM

I just made homemade caramel for a cheesecake I was doing. It actually turned out really good. A lot of times they get grainy. What if you dip apples in it, does that make it healthy? lol :)

Quoting mich.el.le:

Home made caramel sauce. It was awesome. I won't make it often though, since it's sooo unhealthy. lol Last new meal I made was spinach and ricotta stuffed chicken breasts. They were sooo good. They're definitely going on the menu for a ''splurge'' meal.

mich.el.le
by on Feb. 24, 2013 at 6:28 PM

Quoting copperswifey:

I just made homemade caramel for a cheesecake I was doing. It actually turned out really good. A lot of times they get grainy. What if you dip apples in it, does that make it healthy? lol :)

Quoting mich.el.le:

No, but it redeems it a *little* bit. lol :)

MamaMandee
by Mandee on Feb. 24, 2013 at 7:20 PM
Sounds great! Is it posted somewhere? If not you should post it. Id love to try it.

Quoting copperswifey:

I just made it for dinner tonight. It was hawaiian pork sandwiches. They had so many flavors. It was sweet, spicy and savory. Itwas super yummy! It would be something I would serve if people were coming over to impress them lol :)

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MamaMandee
by Mandee on Feb. 24, 2013 at 7:21 PM
1 mom liked this
The last one I tried was a meatball pie from the Betty Crocker site. The family loved it so I will be making it again.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advertisement Advertisement