Inside the Kitchen

Your guide to creating meal magic every day - from cooking to baking to entertaining for any occasion.

Group Home

I caught my DH

Posted by on Feb. 26, 2013 at 6:19 PM
  • 86 Replies

......Cutting raw chicken on my nice cutting wooden cutting board! I am sooo annoyed, b/c I have always asked him not too. Is it ruined?

by on Feb. 26, 2013 at 6:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Harris06
by Megan on Feb. 26, 2013 at 6:20 PM

Ooh, I don't know. :(

aandt1999
by Member on Feb. 26, 2013 at 6:32 PM

I am so angry! Maybe I am nuts......I'm not going to get in a fight over it. It's just that I have had it for the last 5 years and really thought that was an obvious no-no! lol.....geesh. 

Quoting Harris06:

Ooh, I don't know. :(

othermom
by Danelle on Feb. 26, 2013 at 6:54 PM

I hope it is okay

emilyrosenj
by Margaret on Feb. 26, 2013 at 6:58 PM
1 mom liked this
I have two separate ones but i didn't know that you shouldnt cut meat on wood...
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
aandt1999
by Member on Feb. 26, 2013 at 7:11 PM
1 mom liked this

I guess I have always pictured the juices of raw meat being absorbed and never knowing if just a wash will get it all. 

Quoting emilyrosenj:

I have two separate ones but i didn't know that you shouldnt cut meat on wood...

AlleyCat08
by Bronze Member on Feb. 26, 2013 at 8:11 PM
My uncle used to wash his in hot sudsy water, then rinse with hot bleach water. A final rinse in hot water. Maybe look online on sanitizing tips.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
aandt1999
by Member on Feb. 26, 2013 at 8:12 PM

Thank you! I did do the hot soapy water immediately, but didn't try bleach water. I will try that. 

Quoting AlleyCat08:

My uncle used to wash his in hot sudsy water, then rinse with hot bleach water. A final rinse in hot water. Maybe look online on sanitizing tips.

AlleyCat08
by Bronze Member on Feb. 26, 2013 at 9:48 PM
2 moms liked this
Also, I learned on Rachel Ray to stand wood cutting boards on end to dry, it prevents warping. I also never submerge it in water.

Quoting aandt1999:

Thank you! I did do the hot soapy water immediately, but didn't try bleach water. I will try that. 

Quoting AlleyCat08:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
IamMex11
by Member on Feb. 26, 2013 at 9:56 PM

and this is CM worthy?

aandt1999
by Member on Feb. 26, 2013 at 10:03 PM
6 moms liked this
Well I'm not on "mom confessions! " sorry I didn't say he was sleeping with someone, or selling / buying food stamps or that I found out he was gay. I was asking advice - on what I assumed was an appropriate group.

Quoting IamMex11:

and this is CM worthy?

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advertisement Advertisement