Inside the Kitchen

Your guide to creating meal magic every day - from cooking to baking to entertaining for any occasion.

Group Home

Meatless Fridays

Posted by on Feb. 28, 2013 at 5:47 PM
  • 53 Replies

For Lent, some give up meat on Fridays. I was wondering if any of you have suggestions for meals on those days for those that need it?

by on Feb. 28, 2013 at 5:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
zinniadaisy
by on Feb. 28, 2013 at 5:50 PM

I modified this recipe with salmon filets in exchange for the Italian sausage and it worked GREAT!! 

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/giada-de-laurentiis/fusilli-with-sausage-artichokes-and-sun-dried-tomatoes-recipe/index.html

Also, my husband gave up CARBS for Lent, so I also omitted the pasta and added some zuchini to the veggie mix - again, worked great and was more filling than I expected!

Flaca43
by Silver Member on Feb. 28, 2013 at 6:57 PM

Sounds good both ways!

Quoting zinniadaisy:

I modified this recipe with salmon filets in exchange for the Italian sausage and it worked GREAT!! 

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/giada-de-laurentiis/fusilli-with-sausage-artichokes-and-sun-dried-tomatoes-recipe/index.html

Also, my husband gave up CARBS for Lent, so I also omitted the pasta and added some zuchini to the veggie mix - again, worked great and was more filling than I expected!

Harris06
by Megan on Feb. 28, 2013 at 8:39 PM

I don't have my recipe on me at the time but I have made a meatless chili before and it came out susprisingly awesome! I will look for the recipe. Even my husband who loves meat enjoyed it!

taniamorse85
by Bronze Member on Mar. 2, 2013 at 1:42 AM

This is my favorite meatless recipe.  We have it regularly, and we just can't get enough!  It seems like I've shared this recipe on here a million times, lol!

MansfieldMama
by on Mar. 2, 2013 at 7:17 PM
1 mom liked this

We usually eat beans on Fridays during Lent - nachos, bean burritos, black bean soup, etc.

emilyrosenj
by Margaret on Mar. 2, 2013 at 11:19 PM
I made fish tacos which would work! I mobile so I can't link its on myrecipes.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
powow65
by Kimmy the new cook on Mar. 3, 2013 at 8:19 AM
1 mom liked this
salads? Soups? Um..... Lots of carbs?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
othermom
by Danelle on Mar. 3, 2013 at 10:03 AM
1 mom liked this

spaghetti, a large salad, pasta dishes, ect

charlene_kyle
by Charlene on Mar. 3, 2013 at 3:16 PM
1 mom liked this

I am not sure except for salads.

BKozICan
by Member on Mar. 3, 2013 at 3:19 PM
1 mom liked this

Broccoli frittata, homemade cheese and veggie pizza, spaghetti, bean burritos, 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advertisement Advertisement