Salisbury Burger Patties with Caramelized Onions
Salisbury Burger Patties with Caramelized Onions from the Betty Crocker site!
- tablespoons butter or margarine
- tablespoon packed brown sugar
- cups sliced onions (2 medium)
- ground beef patties (4 to 5 oz each)
- jar (12 oz) beef gravy
- 1In 12-inch skillet, melt butter over medium-low heat. Stir in brown sugar. Add onions; cook 12 to 16 minutes, stirring occasionally, until onions begin to turn golden brown. Place onions in medium bowl; cover to keep warm.
- 2In same skillet, cook beef patties over medium heat 6 to 8 minutes, turning once, until meat thermometer inserted in center of patties reads 160°F.
- 3Return onions to skillet; pour gravy over onions and patties. Cook 2 to 3 minutes longer, stirring once or twice, until gravy is thoroughly heated. If desired, sprinkle with chopped fresh parsley.
Look for the ground beef patties near the packages of fresh ground beef. If you purchase frozen patties, thaw them before using in this recipe.
- PREP TIME 25 Min
- TOTAL TIME 25 Min
- SERVINGS 4