Inside the Kitchen

Your guide to creating meal magic every day - from cooking to baking to entertaining for any occasion.

Group Home

Fancy Italian Dessert in 5 Minutes

Posted by on Mar. 7, 2013 at 12:00 AM
  • 40 Replies
1 mom liked this

The first time I ever had panna cotta was in an upscale restaurant on an anniversary dinner after an amazing meal that I now can not recall because the panna cotta eclipsed it so totally with its deliciousness. It was smooth and rich and creamy, a tiny perfect little molded custard that we shared with tiny spoons. When I discovered that not only did panna cotta only have 5 ingredients, it was also incredibly easy to make, it pretty much became a staple in my refrigerator.

Ingredients:

4 cups heavy cream

1/2 cup granulated sugar

2 tsp vanilla extract

4 tsp powdered gelatin

6 tbsp water

Stir the cream, sugar and vanilla over medium heat until the sugar dissolves. No need to boil, in fact, boiling might make the cream taste off, so don't do that! In the meantime, sprinkle your gelatin over the cold water and allow to bloom for a few minutes, then add it to the warm cream mixture, stirring well.  Next, divide the mixture into 8 small dishes- you could use ramekins if you have them, I use teacups because I like the shape they give the custard. Loosely cover and refrigerate for 3-4 hours.

Once your custards have set up you can tip them upside down onto a plate or in a bowl and serve them as-is, or smother them with fresh berries, or whisk together some lemon juice and honey and drizzle over the custard. Make sure to eat them with the tiniest spoons you can find so they last longer- this recipe is that good.

Do you have any super easy desserts you like to make?

©istockphoto.com/kicsiicsi

by on Mar. 7, 2013 at 12:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
othermom
by Danelle on Mar. 7, 2013 at 10:55 AM

Sounds interesting

Samanthamommy
by Member on Mar. 7, 2013 at 4:03 PM
1 mom liked this

Um, yum. That looks good. 

The easy one for me is peach cobbler.

alliesmom112
by Bronze Member on Mar. 7, 2013 at 5:16 PM

this sounds good and easy!!

Rushn311
by Member on Mar. 7, 2013 at 5:20 PM
1 mom liked this

I like buying the short bread, putting fresh strawberries on it and some whip cream. My daughter and I love it!

dusky_rose
by Bronze Member on Mar. 7, 2013 at 5:27 PM
1 mom liked this

This sounds yummy!

copperswifey
by Silver Member on Mar. 7, 2013 at 5:38 PM
1 mom liked this

I like taking frozen bananas and putting some blueberries in. Then you just blend it until it's smooth. Just like ice cream! :)

GwenMB
by Member on Mar. 7, 2013 at 6:08 PM

That sounds really good!

timon95
by Bronze Member on Mar. 7, 2013 at 6:52 PM

sounds good.

easy dessert recipe here is peanut butter pie

Charizma77
by Bronze Member on Mar. 7, 2013 at 7:06 PM

Gonna have to try this one

BabyTeki
by on Mar. 7, 2013 at 7:17 PM

looks yummy!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advertisement Advertisement