Inside the Kitchen

Your guide to creating meal magic every day - from cooking to baking to entertaining for any occasion.

Group Home

Food for Picky Eaters

Posted by on Mar. 14, 2013 at 4:16 PM
  • 9 Replies

I watch my nephew during the week and he cannot have dairy products as he is lactose intolerant. He is also a picky eater. He is 2yrs old and sometimes it is hard for me to get him to eat at mealtime. What do you Ladies suggest? THank you for your help!

by on Mar. 14, 2013 at 4:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Godspitgrl
by on Mar. 14, 2013 at 8:09 PM

I make sure and have lots of fruits and veggies. Have lots of different colors and make a rainbow or a skeleton something fun

emilyrosenj
by Margaret on Mar. 15, 2013 at 3:32 PM
1 mom liked this

cut up veggies, muffins, pasta, maybe something like that?

Flaca43
by Silver Member on Mar. 15, 2013 at 4:26 PM
1 mom liked this
Oh I like that! Fun!

Quoting Godspitgrl:

I make sure and have lots of fruits and veggies. Have lots of different colors and make a rainbow or a skeleton something fun

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
25beengoodtome
by Bronze Member on Mar. 15, 2013 at 4:26 PM

I serve waffles with the cinnamon-butter/margarine, sliced apple, and a banana with a dab of Peanut butter And jelly -for dipping.

Flaca43
by Silver Member on Mar. 15, 2013 at 4:30 PM
I'll try that! I tried pancakes thinking he would love them, but he wouldn't even touch it! Maybe with toppings he would want to even more!

Quoting 25beengoodtome:

I serve waffles with the cinnamon-butter/margarine, sliced apple, and a banana with a dab of Peanut butter And jelly -for dipping.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
othermom
by Danelle on Mar. 15, 2013 at 8:12 PM

Fresh fruit, muffins, waffles, ect

ame85
by New Member on Mar. 16, 2013 at 1:10 AM

I hide veggies in food.  Bananas, chocolate (melted or powdered), avocado, and soy milk can be blended together into a chocolate banana smoothie (you can't taste the avocado).  Puree steamed carrots and add them to pasta sauce for extra vitamins.  Does he like to dip things?  You can cut chicken into fun shapes and let him dip them into various dips.

Shelly126
by Bronze Member on Mar. 16, 2013 at 12:35 PM
Peanut butter & jelly, chicken nuggets, my picky guy loves Dr Praegers spinach and potato cakes, avocado, hummus with cut up carrots, celery, cucumbers and lightly toasted pita bread, pasta and when I make my sauce I also cook up some veggies purée them and add them to the sauce, you can serve turkey meatballs on the side. Lots of fresh fruit
eustacejessica
by Jess on Mar. 21, 2013 at 8:25 PM

Fruits and veggies. Let him pick them out and maybe help in some way. It may help him want to eat more if he helps in the process

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advertisement Advertisement