Inside the Kitchen

Your guide to creating meal magic every day - from cooking to baking to entertaining for any occasion.

Group Home

Garlic Chicken Made Easy

Posted by on Mar. 20, 2013 at 12:00 AM
  • 37 Replies
1 mom liked this

Do you have a garlic press in your kitchen? If not, I highly suggest adding it to your arsenal of kitchen gadgets. While it might seem like an usual tool, it actually saves a lot of time if you love using garlic like I do.

The garlic press takes whole cloves of garlic and crushes them down into a nice paste. You can add it to anything you are cooking to give flavor the ultimate boost. This takes about half the time it would take to chop and paste garlic by hand. I mean, who has time to do all that knife work for a weekday dinner? Certainly not mean. Plus the clean up is a breeze. Just stick it into the dishwasher. You'll also have the benefit of keeping your hands clean, and not smelling like garlic.

I recently used my garlic press when making a baked garlic chicken dinner. I crushed about four peeled and cleaned garlic cloves then added it to some whisked olive oil, lemon juice, chopped fresh parsley cracked pepper and sea salt. I marinated it for an hour or so before putting the chicken in the oven. The result was flavorful juicy chicken, which I served with brown rice and sautéed veggies. This meal was as simple as it was delicious and I know I will be making it again. 

Moms, what are your favorite garlic inspired meals?

Photo courtesy of Martin Turzak, iStock Photography

by on Mar. 20, 2013 at 12:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
arpazia
by Bronze Member on Mar. 20, 2013 at 8:24 AM
Yummy! I do not have a press.
Garlic.. Chicken, potatoe, steamed veggies, bread... Other stuff too
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MamaBear2cubs
by Bronze Member on Mar. 20, 2013 at 9:14 AM

I'm not big on garlic but my So would love that!

Threes.Company
by Bronze Member on Mar. 20, 2013 at 9:20 AM
1 mom liked this

I love garlic!  I make a lot of crock pot dishes that call for garlic.  Last night we had garlic roasted asparagus spears as a side.  Yum.

I have a garlic rocker.  I just got one this February as a V-Day gift (I asked for it!).  :)  I LOVE it.  Saves me so much time.  I got one like this:

sukainah
by on Mar. 20, 2013 at 9:22 AM

I don't use garlic a lot but there is a spinach pizza we eat that it's on.

4kidz916
by Bronze Member on Mar. 20, 2013 at 9:40 AM

I have a Pampered Chef garlic press and I love it.  I use it very often.  I think my favorite garlic meal is lemon garlic chicken in the crock pot.  It's so easy and delicious.

GwenMB
by Member on Mar. 20, 2013 at 9:41 AM

I usually just buy the jars of garlic & use it that way.  We have a garlic press, but it seems like I never use it right.

I like to add a little garlic to just about everything.

dusky_rose
by Bronze Member on Mar. 20, 2013 at 9:43 AM

I have something that resembles a garlic press in my kitchen. It's old and it just crushes the garlic flat, so that it is easier to chop. I like to use garlic in my chicken stir fry. I probably should invest in a real garlic press.

othermom
by Danelle on Mar. 20, 2013 at 9:45 AM

Sounds tasty

ceciliam
by on Mar. 20, 2013 at 9:46 AM

I make a really good garlic chicken in the crock-pot....it calls for an obscene amount of garlic but it's so good!

goddess99
by Bronze Member on Mar. 20, 2013 at 9:51 AM

Sounds good. We use garlic in alot of dishes.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advertisement Advertisement
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN