Inside the Kitchen

Your guide to creating meal magic every day - from cooking to baking to entertaining for any occasion.

Group Home

Do you have a garlic press in your kitchen? If not, I highly suggest adding it to your arsenal of kitchen gadgets. While it might seem like an usual tool, it actually saves a lot of time if you love using garlic like I do.

The garlic press takes whole cloves of garlic and crushes them down into a nice paste. You can add it to anything you are cooking to give flavor the ultimate boost. This takes about half the time it would take to chop and paste garlic by hand. I mean, who has time to do all that knife work for a weekday dinner? Certainly not mean. Plus the clean up is a breeze. Just stick it into the dishwasher. You'll also have the benefit of keeping your hands clean, and not smelling like garlic.

I recently used my garlic press when making a baked garlic chicken dinner. I crushed about four peeled and cleaned garlic cloves then added it to some whisked olive oil, lemon juice, chopped fresh parsley cracked pepper and sea salt. I marinated it for an hour or so before putting the chicken in the oven. The result was flavorful juicy chicken, which I served with brown rice and sautéed veggies. This meal was as simple as it was delicious and I know I will be making it again. 

Moms, what are your favorite garlic inspired meals?

Photo courtesy of Martin Turzak, iStock Photography

by on Mar. 20, 2013 at 12:00 AM
Replies (11-20):
jessicasmom1
by Laina on Mar. 20, 2013 at 10:05 AM

sounds great thanks!

jessicasmom1
by Laina on Mar. 20, 2013 at 10:06 AM

I just cut the ends off peel it and smash with the back side of a knife if it needs a few chops after hit it with the knife 

MichelleK41
by Bronze Member on Mar. 20, 2013 at 10:16 AM

Ohhhh thanks for the hints, this looks great!

Madelaine
by Bronze Member on Mar. 20, 2013 at 10:17 AM

Yum!!

Flaca43
by Silver Member on Mar. 20, 2013 at 10:22 AM

I do have a garlic press and I love it! I use it every chance  I get. This recipe does sound yummy! I like using garlic in my potato salad with some mayonnaisse, sour cream, a little mustard, onion and onion powder, hard boiled eggs and salt and pepper.

copperswifey
by Silver Member on Mar. 20, 2013 at 11:14 PM

Looks tasty, thanks :)

MamaMandee
by Mandee on Mar. 21, 2013 at 1:31 PM

Yum! I use garlic is most of my cooking. 

natesmom1228
by Member on Mar. 21, 2013 at 1:43 PM

I love garlic. I don't have a garlic press, but it's something that I want.

alliesmom112
by Bronze Member on Mar. 21, 2013 at 1:48 PM

That looks so good!!

alliesmom112
by Bronze Member on Mar. 21, 2013 at 1:48 PM

garlic is a staple in house. I think my favorite though is garlic mashed potatoes

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advertisement Advertisement