Inside the Kitchen

Your guide to creating meal magic every day - from cooking to baking to entertaining for any occasion.

Group Home

EGG FOO YOUNG??

Posted by on Mar. 16, 2013 at 9:31 PM
  • 5 Replies

I was wondering if anyone had any good recipes for either vegetarian or seafood egg foo young.There's a resteraunt I go to every now & then that has an amazing vegetarian type,but i'd like to learn how to make it here @ home for my family & save more of my money! Lol!eating

CafeMom Tickers
by on Mar. 16, 2013 at 9:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
proudmommy690
by on Mar. 16, 2013 at 9:41 PM
Dont eat it. Bump
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
KartofflMuter
by on Mar. 16, 2013 at 10:15 PM

Is egg foo yung vegetarian if it has  an egg in it or aren't you that fussy? I used to make  it all the time before eggs got such a bad rap but the kids were little and loved them and the sauce.  It's a matter of adding a bit of soy sauce to the beaten eggs and some bean sprouts.If you want,add baby shrimp and green onion tops. Have the oil in the wok very hot,drop by the cupful into the wok. Turn when the egg sets up-almost immediately,and as the pancake finishes,begin the next.I keep them warm on an ironstone plate and make a sauce with cornstarch,soy sauce,and a bit of vinegar and black pepper and and of course water .Pour the sauce over the pancackes in a line and serve.

othermom
by Danelle on Mar. 17, 2013 at 10:24 AM

I have never had it

wolfgirlbec
by Member on Mar. 17, 2013 at 4:57 PM

Quoting KartofflMuter:

Is egg foo yung vegetarian if it has  an egg in it or aren't you that fussy? I used to make  it all the time before eggs got such a bad rap but the kids were little and loved them and the sauce.  It's a matter of adding a bit of soy sauce to the beaten eggs and some bean sprouts.If you want,add baby shrimp and green onion tops. Have the oil in the wok very hot,drop by the cupful into the wok. Turn when the egg sets up-almost immediately,and as the pancake finishes,begin the next.I keep them warm on an ironstone plate and make a sauce with cornstarch,soy sauce,and a bit of vinegar and black pepper and and of course water .Pour the sauce over the pancackes in a line and serve.

Yes,if it's meat free,it is.If you're vegan,you have nothing meat OR dairy whatsoever! Thanks for the recipe here! I'm going to be trying it very soon! puppy

CafeMom Tickers
eustacejessica
by Jess on Mar. 21, 2013 at 8:21 PM

I have no clue. I hope you find a recipe that you are looking for

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advertisement Advertisement