Inside the Kitchen

Your guide to creating meal magic every day - from cooking to baking to entertaining for any occasion.

Group Home

Lunch...on the go

Posted by on Mar. 18, 2013 at 6:39 PM
  • 12 Replies
My husband works long days and most of the time doesn't get a real "lunch break". I pack his lunch for the days that he can't be home for lunch, but- I'm sure he's tired of the stand-by roast beef and ham sandwiches. so, I'm looking for some creative suggestions for his on-the-go-lucnh. It has to be something that he can eat while driving (he plows snow, grades roads- that sort of stuff) doesn't have to necessarily stay warm to still be edible, and something that might allow me to give him some variety. Anyone have any suggestions other than those darn sandwiches that I get tired of just looking at them!?! ;-)
by on Mar. 18, 2013 at 6:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Sheila8385
by New Member on Mar. 18, 2013 at 8:47 PM

I would recommend "hiking food". It is hardy and generally filling. Check out this blog for menus: http://livligahome.blogspot.com/2011/07/hiking-menus-600-500-calories.html. Hope this is helpful!

sanj1213
by Juanita on Mar. 19, 2013 at 6:33 PM

What about leftovers from the night before:)

Flaca43
by Silver Member on Mar. 20, 2013 at 10:34 AM

Tuna sandwiches, chicken salad sandwiches, leftovers, soup in a thermos, cut up meats, cheeses and bread?

Harris06
by Megan on Mar. 20, 2013 at 11:23 AM

You know, I have been thinking of this for 2 days now and I cannot come up with anything dazzling. I keep thinking something will just come to me but everything I think up tastes best when heated. haha 

KarenandErnie
by Member on Mar. 20, 2013 at 12:10 PM

Quesadillas!

charlene_kyle
by Charlene on Mar. 20, 2013 at 4:19 PM

Leftovers.

copperswifey
by Silver Member on Mar. 20, 2013 at 11:22 PM

maybe try some wraps to make it a little different :)

copperswifey
by Silver Member on Mar. 20, 2013 at 11:24 PM

a bagel sandwich

copperswifey
by Silver Member on Mar. 20, 2013 at 11:24 PM

soup in a thermos

1Trixie
by Member on Mar. 21, 2013 at 1:06 AM

My DH loves to take dinner leftovers, he enjoys all the things I make rather they are hot or cold!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advertisement Advertisement