Inside the Kitchen

Your guide to creating meal magic every day - from cooking to baking to entertaining for any occasion.

Group Home

Ground turkey

Posted by on Apr. 5, 2013 at 12:59 PM
  • 19 Replies
1 mom liked this

I have never cooked with ground turkey, no real reason why I just have always used ground beef, any way when I went to the grocery store they had ground turkey so cheap I could not pass it up, so last night I make meatball sandwiches with the turkey, they were so good I could not believe it. 

Do you use ground turkey?

by on Apr. 5, 2013 at 12:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MamaJ8329
by New Member on Apr. 5, 2013 at 1:01 PM

At my house we use ground turkey for a lot of different things. Tacos, sheppard's pie, meatballs, I think the only thing we haven't done with it is make turkey burgers. Even our dd likes it, and she is a picky 4 year old! Sometimes it is cheaper than ground hamburger and it is more lean than hamburger as well.

TerriC
by Bronze Member on Apr. 5, 2013 at 2:29 PM

I do occasionally swap ground beef for ground turkey.  I was very leery of it at first, but it was good.

Crissy2424
by on Apr. 5, 2013 at 8:09 PM

We use turkey everything since it is better for you. We do ground turkey, turkey hot dogs, turkey kielbasa. Yum!

coolmommy2x
by Bronze Member on Apr. 5, 2013 at 8:31 PM
I use it a lot! The only thing I don't like it in is lasagna. I like beef better for that.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
25beengoodtome
by Bronze Member on Apr. 5, 2013 at 8:56 PM

you will be surprised how "dirty" ground beef smells once you  cannot find the chicken or turkeyavailable in the ground meat section. My kids were surprised they could taste the difference.

~Marie, I'm Morgan 'n Mike's mom! 

taniamorse85
by Bronze Member on Apr. 6, 2013 at 1:13 AM

I don't use it frequently, but that's mostly because it is usually more expensive than ground beef.  When I find it on sale, though, I snatch it up.  I've used it in tacos and casseroles mostly.  I've also used ground veal, though so far I've only made meatballs with it.

lillucky8
by Bronze Member on Apr. 6, 2013 at 8:01 AM
I dont regularly but i have in the past
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LilrockerMama
by on Apr. 6, 2013 at 8:03 AM
We do 9 times out of ten because I have high cholesterol. I don't always like it though.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
bergencounty
by Member on Apr. 6, 2013 at 9:40 AM
lalasmama2007
by Ticia on Apr. 6, 2013 at 11:24 AM

Sometimes.  My SO prefers it, but my dd and I don't care for it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advertisement Advertisement