The Family Piggy Bank

Planning for your family's future

Group Home

Making Dessert

Posted by on Apr. 5, 2013 at 7:32 PM
  • 15 Replies

What is one dessert that you have ALWAYS wanted to make, but haven't?

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
by on Apr. 5, 2013 at 7:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
othermom
by Danelle on Apr. 5, 2013 at 8:03 PM

There really isn't one.  I do want to make some chocolate covered bananas soon though

Crissy2424
by on Apr. 5, 2013 at 8:06 PM

Me too! I've heard of them, but haven't tried them yet :)

Quoting othermom:

There really isn't one.  I do want to make some chocolate covered bananas soon though

meam4444
by Bronze Member on Apr. 5, 2013 at 8:08 PM

creme brulee

LOVE_mygirls58
by Kayla on Apr. 5, 2013 at 8:20 PM

Baklava!!! drool

Crissy2424
by on Apr. 5, 2013 at 8:28 PM

I've always wanted to make my own cheesecake. I love it!

Scottishbrat33
by Member on Apr. 7, 2013 at 1:24 AM

I wanted to make cheese cake from scracth.

Shoota
by Member on Apr. 7, 2013 at 4:12 AM

Bratzeli! They are these cookies the girls in my family make every CChristmas. We have three bratzeli irons in my family, which are required to make these delicate cookies. We looked long and hard to find the irons over generations in my family. They are like super thin snickerdoodles. But like potato chips. You have to make the dough, roll it into little balls, four at a time, and press them in the iron for about thirty seconds. At four thin cookies at a time, it makes it VERY labor intensive. While I have made the cookies with my mom and aunt, Ive never attempted to make them on my own. I really should though, they are very unique and a family ttradition.

Shoota
by Member on Apr. 7, 2013 at 5:19 AM

Quoting Shoota:

Bratzeli! They are these cookies the girls in my family make every CChristmas. We have three bratzeli irons in my family, which are required to make these delicate cookies. We looked long and hard to find the irons over generations in my family. They are like super thin snickerdoodles. But like potato chips. You have to make the dough, roll it into little balls, four at a time, and press them in the iron for about thirty seconds. At four thin cookies at a time, it makes it VERY labor intensive. While I have made the cookies with my mom and aunt, Ive never attempted to make them on my own. I really should though, they are very unique and a family ttradition.

Mommy2beQua
by New Member on Apr. 7, 2013 at 6:16 AM
Chocolate chip cannoli
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
DACIA79
by Bronze Member on Apr. 7, 2013 at 9:37 AM
Can't think of one Ive pretty much made a little of everything
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)