Inside the Kitchen

Your guide to creating meal magic every day - from cooking to baking to entertaining for any occasion.

Group Home

Breaded Baked Halibut and Veggie-Loaded Orzo

Posted by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 12:00 AM
  • 25 Replies
3 moms liked this

Last night my fiancee made something so unexpectedly delicious (unexpected because I am not normally a seafood fan, at all). Our daughter, who has never tasted fish because of my particular aversion, DEVOURED this, making me feel completely guilty for not introducing her to fish sooner. Also, it came together very quickly, which is always nice. I stole the recipe from him to share with you. This fed the 3 of us, you may want to double the recipe.

Ingredients:

1.5 lbs filet of Halibut

1/2 cup Italian seasoned breading

1 tsp salt

1 tsp Italian seasoning

4 tbsp butter, divided

1/2 box of orzo

4 cups chicken broth

2 tbsp olive oil

1 red pepper, diced

1 crown of broccoli, diced

1/2 onion, diced

1 tomato, diced

2 cloves garlic

Preheat your oven to 400 degrees. Chop all of the veggies and garlic and cook in a pan with the hot oil until tender. Set aside. Now, begin to boil the chicken stock. While that starts to boil, toss the breading, extra seasoning and salt together. Dredge the filet of halibut in the breading mixture, place on a pan, and drizzle with 2 ounces of melted butter. Throw the filet in the oven. Now, add your orzo to the boiling chicken stock.

After 12-15 minutes, pull the halibut out of the oven. By this time your orzo should be cooked as well, so drain it, toss your sauteed veggies in, and add the remaining 2 ounces of butter in, stirring well. Enjoy!

What are your favorite ways to prepare seafood?

Šistockphoto.com/MentalArt

by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 12:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SarahSuzyQ
by Bronze Member on Apr. 9, 2013 at 12:26 AM

Ooh, I like the sounds of this. I'd really like to incorporate more seafood into our diet, but I'm never sure how to prepare it. I have had good luck with making fish chowder and with grilling shrimp, and of course I know how to cook a lobster but none of us really care for it... ;-)

TigerofMu
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 9:04 AM

Sign me up! :)

gmadiane
by Bronze Member on Apr. 9, 2013 at 9:29 AM

I would have to switch out fish, I dont like halibut but sounds like you could use with other fish, I'm gonna give this one a try

lalasmama2007
by Ticia on Apr. 9, 2013 at 11:51 AM

Sounds good!  I usually bake our seafood.

Leelee1008
by Bronze Member on Apr. 9, 2013 at 11:56 AM

I dislike all seafood but hubby loves it. He likes to grill his fish. 

timon95
by Bronze Member on Apr. 9, 2013 at 11:57 AM

we love breaded fish. sometimes i will just add some seasoning and lemon and bake that way also

la_bella_vita
by Bronze Member on Apr. 9, 2013 at 12:34 PM

Sounds good.....I'm picky with fish though

4kidz916
by Bronze Member on Apr. 9, 2013 at 12:39 PM

I may try it with chicken instead of fish.

BabyTeki
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 1:56 PM
Yum!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
TerriC
by Bronze Member on Apr. 9, 2013 at 2:03 PM

Wow, does that sound good!  We did a lot of tilapia (baked) during Lent, this would have been great!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advertisement Advertisement
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN