Inside the Kitchen

Your guide to creating meal magic every day - from cooking to baking to entertaining for any occasion.

Group Home

Salad Spinning Part 1 - A Spring Fresh Salad

Posted by   + Show Post

Funny thing about salad spinners - they are a great addition to any kitchen and they are also the best toys to occupy restless toddlers. No, seriously. My son loved playing with our plastic salad spinner. He'd put his foam blocks inside, pump the machine's spinning mechanism, and watch his toys fly. This kept him busy for at least twenty minutes - a lifetime in toddler years. But beyond that, I used my salad spinner often to make sure that my leafy greens stayed crisp while getting clean.

I found the salad spinner particularly helpful while cleaning spinach. If you get a bunch of spinach from the store to bypass the more expensive pre-packaged kind, it is more likely to have sand and debris left over from the farm. This requires a lot more cleaning, and then drying so that you have a nice crisp product to work with - the perfect job for the handy salad spinner.

My favorite spinach salad is a combination of those dark leafy greens, fresh sliced strawberries, goat cheese and pecans. Add sliced chicken to the mix, and you have a heart salad that can stand on it's own as a meal.

Moms, what are your favorite springtime salads?

by on Apr. 8, 2013 at 12:00 AM
Replies (21-26):
lalasmama2007
by Ticia on Apr. 8, 2013 at 11:00 AM

I usually like garden salads with whatever we have in our garden at the time.

TheBabyFactory4
by Bronze Member on Apr. 8, 2013 at 11:07 AM
Potato salad
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
TheBabyFactory4
by Bronze Member on Apr. 8, 2013 at 11:08 AM
My family isn't big on garden salads so unless i have extra.lettuce i don't do salads at home
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
ceciliam
by on Apr. 8, 2013 at 11:08 AM

I love my salad spinner and I love all kinds of salads!

aneela
by Member on Apr. 8, 2013 at 11:14 AM

i love them all lol

TigerofMu
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 4:15 AM

I love salad spinners.  I need to get one!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advertisement Advertisement
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN