The Family Piggy Bank

Planning for your family's future

Group Home

Grilled Cheese Month

Posted by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 11:16 AM
  • 14 Replies

Hey ladies since April is National Grilled Cheese Month I have a question...What kind of cheese do you like to make grilled cheese sandwiches with? Have you ever experiment with other ingredients? I am making some Italian sausage with some bow tie past and my own marinara and was thinking about making grilled cheese opposed to garlic bread for something different maybe with some garlic and some provolone cheese. Any other suggestions?

by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 11:16 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SarahSuzyQ
by Bronze Member on Apr. 9, 2013 at 11:28 AM

LOVE grilled cheese. One of my simple favorites is to use cheddar and add in a slice of tomato or a slice of apple.

Garlic and provolone grilled cheese sounds like it would be really yummy. Maybe a little parsley sprinkled in there, too?

LOVE_mygirls58
by Kayla on Apr. 9, 2013 at 1:34 PM
Oo I love grilled cheese my fav is Swiss cheddar green apple and ham

Cheddar BBQ sauce and onions
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
brownhoney21
by Bronze Member on Apr. 9, 2013 at 2:35 PM

I make what the day care kids call A B C.

A- apple

B-bacon

C -chedder

Rhonda142
by Member on Apr. 9, 2013 at 3:03 PM

Those sound awesome the Cheddar BBQ and Onions that is something I never thought of and sounds yum like a beef and cheddar from Arbys without the beef, I am gonna try that one for sure!

taniamorse85
by Bronze Member on Apr. 9, 2013 at 4:12 PM

I love to make it with provolone or monterey jack cheese.  Sometimes, I'll add some bacon or shredded meat that I have leftover.  Also, I love to spread some avocado (not guacamole, just ripe avocado) on the sandwich after it's done cooking.  I just can't get enough avocado and cheese, lol.  I refuse to make it with processed cheese (such as Kraft singles) because, IMO, that stuff tastes terrible.

gmadiane
by Bronze Member on Apr. 9, 2013 at 5:05 PM

I love grilled cheese with cheddar

crysiann
by Member on Apr. 9, 2013 at 5:11 PM
1 mom liked this

Oh, since your doing Italian food, maybe try fresh mozzarella and tomatoes, and fresh basil! It is soo good! And you can put it on ciabata bread! YUM!

crysiann
by Member on Apr. 9, 2013 at 5:12 PM

I agree! Processed cheese is the worst!

Quoting taniamorse85:

I love to make it with provolone or monterey jack cheese.  Sometimes, I'll add some bacon or shredded meat that I have leftover.  Also, I love to spread some avocado (not guacamole, just ripe avocado) on the sandwich after it's done cooking.  I just can't get enough avocado and cheese, lol.  I refuse to make it with processed cheese (such as Kraft singles) because, IMO, that stuff tastes terrible.

Rhonda142
by Member on Apr. 9, 2013 at 5:43 PM

Yea no processed cheese for us we cut that out years ago my mom and I get fresh cheese made by the amish sooooo good it is pricey so we go in on them but very worth it .  

grandmotherof6
by Member on Apr. 10, 2013 at 9:16 AM

cheddar, ham,  tomatoes

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)