Inside the Kitchen

Your guide to creating meal magic every day - from cooking to baking to entertaining for any occasion.

Group Home

Alternative Uses for Cupcake Tins

Posted by on Apr. 17, 2013 at 12:00 AM
  • 40 Replies
1 mom liked this

If you're a frequent baker, you probably have a few cupcake tins lying around your kitchen. But what can you do when your not making cupcakes? Certainly not let them collect dust. There are dozens of uses for these handy baking tins - in fact there are so many these might become your new favorite short cut tool. Take a look at what you can do:

Use your cupcake tins as extra large ice cube trays. Fill each one with water and slices of orange, lemon, lime or berries. Add to pitchers for birthday parties and family gatherings.

Make mini meat or turkey loafs. Freeze and extras and eat through out the month.

Make individual potatoes au gratin or stuffing in cupcake tins. This is a great way to serve large groups of people in a hurry!

Use a simple cake or brownie mix to make individual sweet treats.

Get some extra mileage out of your eggs and make individual frittatas with bacon, peas, pasta and tomatoes. Top with cheddar cheese.

Moms, what other ways have you used your cupcake tins to help make your life in the kitchen easier?

Photo courtesy of Fatma Alemadi, via iStock Photography 

by on Apr. 17, 2013 at 12:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
brownhoney21
by Bronze Member on Apr. 17, 2013 at 5:40 AM

Thanks for the tips.

michiganmom116
by Rhonda on Apr. 17, 2013 at 6:43 AM
2 moms liked this

I like to make the mini frittatas. 

It's not exactly for use in the kitchen, but muffin tins make the perfect size for individual soap or lotion bars.

TerriC
by Bronze Member on Apr. 17, 2013 at 7:33 AM

I have made the mini meatloaves.  They are also good to use for small craft items for the kids so there isn't a mess all over the table.  =-)

SarahSuzyQ
by Bronze Member on Apr. 17, 2013 at 8:24 AM

I would really like to try making mini meatloaf, but I have never tried it... I have made mac'n'cheese in individual cupcake sizes.

sukainah
by on Apr. 17, 2013 at 8:59 AM

Those are good ideas.

sukainah
by on Apr. 17, 2013 at 9:00 AM

I don't know if I'd want to use it for baking again, but I've heard of people putting paints in them.

MamaBear2cubs
by Bronze Member on Apr. 17, 2013 at 9:12 AM

Neat. We never use cupcake tins

GwenMB
by Member on Apr. 17, 2013 at 9:39 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting sukainah:

I don't know if I'd want to use it for baking again, but I've heard of people putting paints in them.

This is where finding an old cupcake pan at a thrift store or a garage sale is good - or buying yourself a new one & using the old one for this.

GwenMB
by Member on Apr. 17, 2013 at 9:40 AM

I should do the mini meatloafs & freeze some - always nice to have something ready to go in the freezer.

goddess99
by Bronze Member on Apr. 17, 2013 at 9:57 AM

Good ideas. I've only used mine for baking needs.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advertisement Advertisement
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN