Fast to put together and cook on a busy evening, and it smells (and tastes) delicious!
Tuscan Chicken Stew
- 1 1/2 lb. boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 medium onion, cut into 1/2 inch thick wedges
- 1/2 tsp. fennel seed
- 15 oz. can cannellini or other white beans, drained
- 15 oz. can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1/4 c. red wine or water
- 1 tsp. dried basil
- 1 tsp. dried minced garlic
- 1 tsp. dried rosemary
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp. ground black pepper
- 6 oz. baby spinach leaves
- Heat oil in large skillet on medium-high heat. Add chicken; cook and stir 10 minutes or until browned. Remove chicken from skillet. Add onion and fennel seed; cook and stir on medium heat 5 minutes or until tender.
- Stir in beans, tomatoes, red wine, basil, minced garlic, rosemary, salt, oregano and pepper. Bring to boil, stirring frequently. Reduce heat to low; cover and simmer 3 minutes. Return chicken to skillet.
- Stir in spinach. Cover. Cook 5 minutes longer or until spinach is wilted.