Inside the Kitchen

Your guide to creating meal magic every day - from cooking to baking to entertaining for any occasion.

Group Home

Favorite After-school snacks

Posted by on May. 3, 2013 at 6:52 PM
  • 21 Replies

HELP!  My twin sons are 10. Suddenly they are eating everything in sight!!  It must be a growth spurt.  My regular shopping has not been enough and I'm running out of ideas.

Share your children's favorite snacks. 

by on May. 3, 2013 at 6:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Lovemyshadows
by Member on May. 3, 2013 at 7:17 PM
1 mom liked this

Boiled eggs, peanut butter and celery, raisins.  And just an FYI  it's not just a growth spurt.  Boys eat like that for another 8 to 10 years.

Peachy34500
by Gold Member on May. 3, 2013 at 7:23 PM
Goldfish, Popsicles, cucumbers, carrots, pretzels, fruit, anything she can get her hand's on, lol
mommi128
by Member on May. 3, 2013 at 8:25 PM
1 mom liked this

Boys eat non stop my son can eat a pbj as a snack and still be hungry. He doesn't even have an ounce of fat on him just solid. He is also in foot ball and that keeps the energy going. 

donkeytoes
by on May. 3, 2013 at 10:19 PM
1 mom liked this

Children, especially boys, tend to eat alot more when they hit this age range because they are using so much energy and burning so many calories. Make sure they get plenty of proteins and vitamins, as their body needs them to recover from a hard day of playing. My daughter is only 3, and she will eat most things. One of her favorites would be a (honey-ham or smoked-turkey) grilled cheese

Momforhealth
by on May. 4, 2013 at 12:25 AM
My cabinets prior to grocery shopping tonight were bare! Wow. Seems their picky eating has disappeared.
Shoota
by Member on May. 4, 2013 at 2:22 AM

Homemade hummus is really cheap to make, would they eat that? Full of protein, and with veggies makes a good healthy snack.

Momforhealth
by on May. 4, 2013 at 9:09 AM
I haven't ever tried hummus. I never knew what it was. I've heard everyone talk about it. Finally found it recently at the store. I will try it out. , what else can you eat it with? How do you make it?

Quoting Shoota:

Homemade hummus is really cheap to make, would they eat that? Full of protein, and with veggies makes a good healthy snack.

othermom
by Danelle on May. 4, 2013 at 10:40 AM

fruits, crackers, nutrigrain bars, banana bread, string cheese, ect. We usuallt eat dinner about 4:30-5:00 so they are allowed 1-2 small things before dinner

othermom
by Danelle on May. 4, 2013 at 10:50 AM

Quoting Lovemyshadows:

Boiled eggs, peanut butter and celery, raisins.  And just an FYI  it's not just a growth spurt.  Boys eat like that for another 8 to 10 years.

lol, I am not looking forward to that

megandwade
by Silver Member on May. 4, 2013 at 2:53 PM

My son is only 2 so we haven't experienced this particular dilemma yet... but he is extremely picky so we are constantly trying to find healthy snacks that he will actually eat!

Some of his favorites are: Real Fruit Popsicles, Choc covered Bananas, Veggie Straws, Cheese Sticks, Apple Sauce Pouches, Ritz Crackers, Apple Slices and Caramel Dip, Yogurt (he likes to put cereal in his yogurt!), Raisin's and a dash of Cinnamon & Sugar on buttered toast!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advertisement Advertisement