Inside the Kitchen

Your guide to creating meal magic every day - from cooking to baking to entertaining for any occasion.

Group Home

I may have asked this before

Posted by on May. 4, 2013 at 11:25 PM
  • 12 Replies

I don't remember, I claim chemo brain, I want a good reliable crockpot.  1 threw the last one away, burned food and all.  Any good ideas?  And where to get it.

Daughter, sister, wife, mother & grandmother.
by on May. 4, 2013 at 11:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
taniamorse85
by Bronze Member on May. 5, 2013 at 1:48 AM

I have a Rival Crock-Pot that is about 30 or so years old.  My mom got it before I was born, and it's now mine.  It still works as good as new, and I use it at least once a week.

ChancesMommy07
by on May. 5, 2013 at 7:41 AM

I have a Hamilton Beach 6 quart slow cooker and I love it. Its got the removable insert so its easy to wash and the lid locks so if I make something that I need to transport in the slow cooker I don't have to worry about spills.

sweetheart4171
by Peggy on May. 5, 2013 at 9:13 PM
1 mom liked this

I have the Rival Smart Pot, absolutely love it!  The only thing was the handle came "unglued" to the lid, I call Rival and they were wonderful sent me a whole new crockpot.  My hubby glued the handle on the other one, and now I have 2 crockpots!! 

megandwade
by Silver Member on May. 5, 2013 at 10:46 PM

I absolutely love my crockpot! I got it for 10$ as a black Friday deal! It's name brand is actually called "crockpot".

Lauren486
by Lauren on May. 6, 2013 at 9:38 AM

I may have to buy this one as well!

Quoting sweetheart4171:

I have the Rival Smart Pot, absolutely love it!  The only thing was the handle came "unglued" to the lid, I call Rival and they were wonderful sent me a whole new crockpot.  My hubby glued the handle on the other one, and now I have 2 crockpots!! 

my4kids274
by Member on May. 6, 2013 at 9:39 AM
1 mom liked this

I have this exact one.  I love it!

Quoting sweetheart4171:

Lauren486
by Lauren on May. 6, 2013 at 9:40 AM

I have a Hamilton Beach crockpot that has done me well for years.  I broke the handle on the lid, it still works fine, but it's a bit of a pain to use now.  I'm sure I could just replace the lid, but I think I'm ready for a crockpot upgrade.  

I do recommend getting a good sized one, so you can make big meals as well as small in it. 

sweetheart4171
by Peggy on May. 6, 2013 at 10:20 AM

I absolutely love it!!!

Quoting Lauren486:

I may have to buy this one as well!

Quoting sweetheart4171:

dandylynes
by Sonnie on May. 6, 2013 at 12:31 PM

I just have a baasic 5 qt. Crock Pot (no extra frills) and it's held up since the 90's (aside from the handle on the lid cracking).

Lovemyshadows
by Member on May. 6, 2013 at 4:12 PM

Thank you.  Rival it is.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advertisement Advertisement
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN