The Family Piggy Bank

Planning for your family's future

Group Home

Grilled zucchini

Posted by on May. 6, 2013 at 10:16 AM
  • 22 Replies
I have some zucchini I would like to grill tonight. I have only wrapped it in foil with other vegetables tossed with olive oil and seasoning.

How do you grill zucchini?
by on May. 6, 2013 at 10:16 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Peachy34500
by Gold Member on May. 6, 2013 at 2:21 PM
I never grilled it, I usually saute it with olive oil and seasonings .. here's a bump for ya!
ChancesMommy07
by on May. 6, 2013 at 2:23 PM

I've never tried grilling it. I usually fry it the same way I do squash or green tomatoes.

DragonInfinity
by New Member on May. 6, 2013 at 2:30 PM

Just put it right on the grill.....but first season with olive oil and lemon pepper or rosemary.........amazingly delicious! Yellow squash and cucumbers are good like that too.

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safety in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming, "WOO HOO, what a ride!!!"

TerriC
by Bronze Member on May. 6, 2013 at 2:39 PM

Grilled, steamed, any way I can get it!

batjmom
by Sarah on May. 6, 2013 at 2:43 PM
When you grill it do you place it right on the grill or over foil. I have only wrapped it in foil then placed on the grill

Quoting TerriC:

batjmom
by Sarah on May. 6, 2013 at 2:44 PM
Thanks. I'm gong to try that with rosemary. Cucumbers too? Think I'll try that too

Quoting DragonInfinity:

Just put it right on the grill.....but first season with olive oil and lemon pepper or rosemary.........amazingly delicious! Yellow squash and cucumbers are good like that too.

TerriC
by Bronze Member on May. 6, 2013 at 2:57 PM
1 mom liked this
If I cut it big enough, I put it right in the grill, but most of the time, I use the grill pan I got for the BBQ.

Quoting batjmom:

When you grill it do you place it right on the grill or over foil. I have only wrapped it in foil then placed on the grill

Quoting TerriC:

coolmommy2x
by Bronze Member on May. 6, 2013 at 3:00 PM
I cut it into 1/4" to 1/2" slices, drizzle with olive oil, salt and pepper and toss onto my George Foreman Grill. Yum!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
batjmom
by Sarah on May. 6, 2013 at 3:04 PM
I love my George Foreman grill. I never would have thought of that.
Thank you

Quoting coolmommy2x:

I cut it into 1/4" to 1/2" slices, drizzle with olive oil, salt and pepper and toss onto my George Foreman Grill. Yum!
DragonInfinity
by New Member on May. 6, 2013 at 3:06 PM
Quoting batjmom:

Thanks. I'm gong to try that with rosemary. Cucumbers too? Think I'll try that too

Quoting DragonInfinity:

Yes, though grilled cucumbers aren't for everyone, but they are my favorite!

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safety in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming, "WOO HOO, what a ride!!!"

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)