Inside the Kitchen

Your guide to creating meal magic every day - from cooking to baking to entertaining for any occasion.

Group Home

Easy Korean Barbecue at Home

Posted by   + Show Post

Today is your lucky day. Honestly, I feel jealous of you if you make this recipe and it's your first time trying Korean barbecue (AKA bulgogi). It's like the thrill you get when introducing someone to a really great movie for the first time. If you've never had it before, bulgogi is quick, it is delicious, and it is something your husband will (probably) try! It also might become a barbecue staple in your house for years to come.

Ingredients:

2 lbs thinly sliced rib-eye steak (you can slice it yourself, just slice against the grain)

1/2 cup soy sauce

4 tbsp sugar

1.5 tbsp sesame oil

4 cloves of garlic, minced

3 scallions, sliced

2 tbsp sesame seeds

1/4 tsp red pepper flakes

1/2 tsp black pepper

1/2 tsp of finely minced fresh ginger

When slicing the beef, if you do it yourself, it may make it easier to thinly slice the beef if you freeze it for a little while beforehand. Combine the sugar and the soy sauce in a resealable plastic bag and agitate until the sugar dissolves. Add the rest of the ingredients, including the beef, and let sit for an hour or more. Fire up the grill, or heat up an oiled pan on your stove top, and lay the strips of beef across the grill or pan in even layers so that they can get a little char on them. They should cook fairly quickly. Serve over rice, or with other barbecue fixin's.

What's your favorite barbecue food?

(C)istockphoto.com/David_Ahn

by on May. 9, 2013 at 12:00 AM
Replies (21-27):
Lauren486
by Lauren on May. 13, 2013 at 2:27 PM
1 mom liked this

I am a Korean food virgin and this sounds so yummy!  I will  definitely be trying this... adding to my recipe list now! 

sukainah
by on May. 14, 2013 at 9:01 AM

Mmm, I'd like to try this one too.

MichelleK41
by Bronze Member on May. 14, 2013 at 9:10 AM

YUMMY my family would like this as well!

justins_momm292
by Member on May. 14, 2013 at 9:29 AM

That looks great. We actuallylove Korean food. There's a great Korean restaruant here that we go to several times a month.

justins_momm292
by Member on May. 14, 2013 at 9:30 AM

We love to BBQ ribs. Low and slow is the secret.

kaybear123
by Kayla on May. 21, 2013 at 11:00 AM

Ill have to pass on this..

CafeMom Tickers
SweetLuci
by Gold Member on May. 21, 2013 at 4:46 PM

I love Korean BBQ. thanks for this.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advertisement Advertisement
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN