Inside the Kitchen

Your guide to creating meal magic every day - from cooking to baking to entertaining for any occasion.

Group Home

Your ideal Mother's Day

Posted by on May. 11, 2013 at 4:00 PM
  • 6 Replies

Describe your ideal Mother's Day.

What would you have to eat/drink?  What would you do for the day? Would you rather relax or have an adventurous day out? Spend it alone or with your family? 

Do you expect any of these wishes to come true tomorrow??? 

by on May. 11, 2013 at 4:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Lauren486
by Lauren on May. 11, 2013 at 4:04 PM

My ideal Mother's Day would begin with DH making the coffee! I would stay in bed until I want to get up, not when the kids are all yelling and jumping on me. I would take a long hot shower, eat a hot breakfast with the family, and then escape to the spa for a day of pampering.  I would then return home to a dinner with my family (as long as DH is the one cooking, I would not be picky about the menu).  After the kids are in bed (which of course would not be my job!), I would sit down with wine and chocolates and spend the evening with my hubby.

Realistically, we probably won't do much of anything to celebrate tomorrow.  However, DH did cook tonight AND brought home wine and desserts, so I'm happy with that!  He also has explicit instructions to walk to the beauty place up the street and purchase a gift certificate for one deluxe facial. He promises he will do it next week, lol. 

ChancesMommy07
by on May. 11, 2013 at 5:09 PM

Mothers Day is a bittersweet day for me. After losing my firstborn I never wanted to see another Mothers Day and then we had our son and everyone expected that I would be thrilled for Mothers Day again but I'm not. I'm grateful and blessed to have my son but every year its painful. I prefer a quiet day. Usually my son and husband give me something small that he made and then we go to the cemetary for a visit at her resting place. Then DH usually grills something.

Lovemyshadows
by Member on May. 11, 2013 at 6:31 PM

If I can't have a family reunion with my kids and grand kids (which  won't happen) .  Then I want nothing at all.  Just ignore the day and let it slip on by.

Lauren486
by Lauren on May. 12, 2013 at 11:26 AM

I am so sorry for your loss.  I can imagine no greater pain than losing a child.  I hope you are able to enjoy the day with your husband and son and have time to remember your daughter.  (((Hugs))) 

Quoting ChancesMommy07:

Mothers Day is a bittersweet day for me. After losing my firstborn I never wanted to see another Mothers Day and then we had our son and everyone expected that I would be thrilled for Mothers Day again but I'm not. I'm grateful and blessed to have my son but every year its painful. I prefer a quiet day. Usually my son and husband give me something small that he made and then we go to the cemetary for a visit at her resting place. Then DH usually grills something.

Lauren486
by Lauren on May. 12, 2013 at 12:09 PM

I am sorry you won't be close to your family for Mother's Day.  I must say you have made a good reality check for me to remember my children will not be little and needing me forever, so I need to enjoy them now!  

Quoting Lovemyshadows:

If I can't have a family reunion with my kids and grand kids (which  won't happen) .  Then I want nothing at all.  Just ignore the day and let it slip on by.

dandylynes
by Sonnie on May. 12, 2013 at 1:04 PM

I like a quiet day, usually the fiance and my daughter collaborate on a meal and they give me a small gift of appreciation each.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advertisement Advertisement
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN