Inside the Kitchen

Your guide to creating meal magic every day - from cooking to baking to entertaining for any occasion.

Group Home

HELP!! Need dessert ideas!!!

Posted by on May. 17, 2013 at 9:03 PM
  • 14 Replies

So I am going to a cook out next sunday where everybody brings a dish or two. So i am already bringing a meal dish which is my velvetta dip, now I need a quick easy dessert idea, something that does NOT need to be in the fridge or warmed. Something that is just wam, bam its done now eat it. BUt its good. lol Any ideas? recipes you don't mind sharing and pics are very welcome! Help me ladies I have no idea what to make. I am getting rather frustrated.

banging head into wall

by on May. 17, 2013 at 9:03 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kaybear123
by Kayla on May. 18, 2013 at 2:10 AM

How about a strawberry pie?

CafeMom Tickers
suetoo
by Bronze Member on May. 18, 2013 at 7:48 AM

How about chocolate cake in a trifle bowl. Cut cake into 1inch bites, and layer the cake with alt layers of frosting, crushed nuts, cake, frosting, nuts. Could add berries, too. 

ChancesMommy07
by on May. 18, 2013 at 9:37 AM

I made this last night..

Mountain Dew Cake:
1 box lemon cake mix
1  3.4 oz box lemon pudding mix
4  eggs
1 1/4 c Mountain Dew
1/2 c orange juice
1/2 oil

Preheat oven to 325 if cooking in a bundt pan like I did. (Don't bother asking about different pans - I haven't tried yet so I don't have a clue!).  Spray and flour pan.

Combine dry cake mix with dry pudding mix. Add eggs, oil and orange juice.  Very slowly add Mtn Dew. (V-E-R-Y slowly, unless you like cake mix foam all over your counter top).  Mix at medium until blended and there are no more lumps.

Pour into bundt pan and bake 45-50 min. 

Let cake cool a bit (5 min or so) then turn onto plate or platter.  Cool a little more while making glaze.

Glaze:
1/3 cup butter
1 c sugar
1/2 c Mountain Dew
2 Tbs orange juice
Neon green food coloring (optional)
  *note: I plan to half the glaze next time I make this. It makes a lot!  But I decided to record it exactly as I made it.

In a saucepan over low heat, melt butter.  Add sugar.  Stir to incorporate. SLOWLY add Mtn Dew and orange juice.  Bring to a boil, turning up heat if needed, stirring often.  Boil for a few minutes until glaze is clear and begins to thicken to a syrup.  (At this point, I added a few drops of neon green food coloring to make it Dew colored.  It doesn't show up much on the exterior of the cake, but on the slices, it gives the edges a fun Dew-green halo)

Spoon glaze over cake .  Cool cake completely before serving.

dandylynes
by Sonnie on May. 18, 2013 at 10:01 AM

I've made these and have left them out all day.  Well TBH, they were fone really quickly, but...

Cream Cheese Squares

Cream Cheese Squares

Rated:rating
Prep Time: 10 MinutesReady In: 45 Minutes
Submitted By: AnnCook Time: 30 MinutesServings: 24
"Refrigerated crescent roll dough is layered with cream cheese and cinnamon sugar to make a quick and tasty treat."
INGREDIENTS:
2 (8 ounce) cans refrigerated
crescent roll dough
2 (8 ounce) packages cream
cheese
1 cup white sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 cup margarine, melted
1/4 cup white sugar
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
DIRECTIONS:
1.Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 9x13 inch pan.
2.Press one can of the crescent rolls into the bottom of the prepared pan. In a medium bowl, mix together the cream cheese, 1 cup of sugar, and vanilla until smooth and creamy. Spread over the crescent layer. Unroll the second can of crescent rolls and lay them on top of the cream cheese layer. Do not press down. Pour the melted margarine over the entire pan. Combine the remaining 1/4 cup of sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle over the top.
3.Bake for 25 to 30 minutes in the preheated oven, or until the top is crisp and golden.
MommyKir
by New Member on May. 18, 2013 at 11:53 AM

Some really awesome ideas ladies thank you. Even if i don't use this for sunday I will give them all a try, diet be damned lol

MommyKir
by New Member on May. 18, 2013 at 11:55 AM

How much oil? 

Quoting ChancesMommy07:

I made this last night..

Mountain Dew Cake:
1 box lemon cake mix
4  eggs
1 1/4 c Mountain Dew
1/2 c orange juice
1/2 oil

Preheat oven to 325 if cooking in a bundt pan like I did. (Don't bother asking about different pans - I haven't tried yet so I don't have a clue!).  Spray and flour pan.

Combine dry cake mix with dry pudding mix. Add eggs, oil and orange juice.  Very slowly add Mtn Dew. (V-E-R-Y slowly, unless you like cake mix foam all over your counter top).  Mix at medium until blended and there are no more lumps.

Let cake cool a bit (5 min or so) then turn onto plate or platter.  Cool a little more while making glaze.

Glaze:
1/3 cup butter
1 c sugar
1/2 c Mountain Dew
2 Tbs orange juice
  *note: I plan to half the glaze next time I make this. It makes a lot!  But I decided to record it exactly as I made it.

In a saucepan over low heat, melt butter.  Add sugar.  Stir to incorporate. SLOWLY add Mtn Dew and orange juice.  Bring to a boil, turning up heat if needed, stirring often.  Boil for a few minutes until glaze is clear and begins to thicken to a syrup.  (At this point, I added a few drops of neon green food coloring to make it Dew colored.  It doesn't show up much on the exterior of the cake, but on the slices, it gives the edges a fun Dew-green halo)

ChancesMommy07
by on May. 18, 2013 at 12:10 PM

Oops sorry! Its 1/2 cup

Quoting MommyKir:

How much oil? 

Quoting ChancesMommy07:

I made this last night..

Mountain Dew Cake:
1 box lemon cake mix
4  eggs
1 1/4 c Mountain Dew
1/2 c orange juice
1/2 oil

Glaze:
1/3 cup butter
1 c sugar
1/2 c Mountain Dew
2 Tbs orange juice

sweetheart4171
by Peggy on May. 18, 2013 at 8:14 PM

I found this today, and it would be perfect for a BBQ

http://www.recipe4living.com/recipes/blueberry_muffin_cake.htm

megandwade
by Silver Member on May. 18, 2013 at 10:59 PM

This is pretty awesome!

Quoting ChancesMommy07:

I made this last night..

Mountain Dew Cake:
1 box lemon cake mix
4  eggs
1 1/4 c Mountain Dew
1/2 c orange juice
1/2 oil

Glaze:
1/3 cup butter
1 c sugar
1/2 c Mountain Dew
2 Tbs orange juice

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advertisement Advertisement
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN