Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Summer Party Planning Challenge Day 3: Speed Up Food Preparation!

Posted by on May. 29, 2013 at 3:35 PM
  • 51 Replies

When you are hosting a party the last thing you want to do is spend the whole time in the kitchen while your family and friends are having a great time. Today's challenge is to speed up food preparation! The more you prepare in advance, the less you'll have to do the day of the party.

Here are some things you can do in advance:
  • Make appetizers
  • Chopped vegetables
  • Cut up fruit
  • Slice cheese

apron

When you have a party do you do a lot of the food prep the day before? What types of appetizers or snack foods do you put out for guests to get them started?

Click here if you missed yesterday's activity. If you haven't signed up for the Summer Party Planning Challenge yet, you can do so here!

by on May. 29, 2013 at 3:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
michiganmom116
by on May. 29, 2013 at 3:49 PM

I make as much as possible the day or days before a party.

Appetizers:  cheese ball & crackers, chips & dip, veggies & dip

Mrswalker2012
by on May. 29, 2013 at 3:52 PM
Yes I always prep at least 1 day before. Chips and veggies with dip, little sausages, fruit platter and cookies
Bradensmommy719
by Bronze Member on May. 29, 2013 at 3:58 PM
I always cook the food that will last a day or two before. Slice cheese and fruits and veggies all before hand. That way all that needs to be done the day of can be done before the party starts.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bayliesmommy
by on May. 29, 2013 at 4:06 PM
I make everything the day before! Or at least try to. I hate feeling rushed or like I am forgetting something!
Manda_martin99
by on May. 29, 2013 at 4:07 PM
I cook everything the day before and just heat to eat. Veggies and dip are always good to snack on.
dandylynes
by Sonnie on May. 29, 2013 at 4:12 PM

I do as much as possible the day before.  I cut up veggies, prepare dips, make marinades.

I make little mini chimis and egg rolls and chips, veggies and dips to snack on before hand.

Bmat
by Bronze Member on May. 29, 2013 at 4:12 PM

Yes, I do as much ahead as I can. I typically have out veggie sticks and dips, and don't have a separate salad course. and cheese and crackers.

la_bella_vita
by on May. 29, 2013 at 4:15 PM

We prep the day before, cut veggies the morning of

RobynS
by Bronze Member on May. 29, 2013 at 4:42 PM

chips and dips, veggies, fruit salad

blueeyedpixie
by Sarah on May. 29, 2013 at 4:45 PM
I make the salad and desserts ahead of time and any side dishes. If there's a dish I can make ahead and heat up I do that. I usually put out chips and dip for snacking before the food.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)