Inside the Kitchen

Your guide to creating meal magic every day - from cooking to baking to entertaining for any occasion.

Group Home

What's your favorite dish to grill?

Posted by   + Show Post

Nothing says summer like the smell of yummy food cooking on the grill.  On a hot, lazy day... when you're hanging around the pool or enjoying a day at the park with your loved ones... the smell of a hot dog, perhaps a little BBQ Chicken, or veggies with those awesome grill lines just make a perfect day complete.

We gave the moms of CafeMom Reynolds Wrap Aluminum Foil  and asked them to  prepare a mess-free, stress-free meal for their family using Reynolds Foil.  Read all about their experience and how they put Reynolds Foil to work!

What's your favorite dish to grill?

barbecuing

CafeMom gives moms an opportunity to try our advertisers' products. In return, we ask our moms to share their true experiences and honest opinions. To learn how you can be an influencer, click here

by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 3:24 PM
Replies (141-149):
Gypsyd
by on Jul. 18, 2013 at 10:18 PM

Fresh aspearagus, corn on the cob, shiskabobs  , chicken

sillytime
by on Jul. 18, 2013 at 11:24 PM

Salmon Love Grilled rose marry salmon yummy

To_the_moon
by on Jul. 21, 2013 at 12:26 PM
I love grilled Salmon with Caesar Salad and french bread. Summer or winter this is THE meal for me lol
CafeMom Tickers
letstalk747
by on Jul. 22, 2013 at 12:18 PM

actually many , my fav is  wrap a onion in foil with some garlic on top grill at least 1 hour

gymgirl
by Member on Jul. 23, 2013 at 3:03 PM

Chicken! I love it.

Healthy and Fit Forever http://cafemom.com/group/118269

TheJerseyGirl
by on Jul. 25, 2013 at 2:59 PM

shrimp kabobs!

mem82
by Member on Jul. 25, 2013 at 3:12 PM

I like grilling hamburgers. It's kind of cliche but so good!

katnissever
by New Member on Jul. 25, 2013 at 4:28 PM

All great recipes. I am always looking for more things to get summer cooking done healthier and cleaner.

scarmechel
by New Member on Jul. 25, 2013 at 4:39 PM

Quoting SweetLuci:

We grill year round. One of our favorite things to grill is fish and fresh vegetables. Tonight's mess-free, stress-free meal is Grilled Talapia, corn-on-the-cob, summer squash with red pepper and garlic butter baby Portobello mushrooms. I do the prep, with help from Catherine. Hubby mans the grill and sets it at medium high. I put a container of frozen Talapia in water to thaw (takes about 15 minutes) Catherine pulls husks and silk from corn. I cut each ear in half. She places the ears in the center of a large rectangle of foil, adds a few pats of butter, salt and a couple ice cubes (I got that hint from a Reynolds recipe), then double folds the top and ends to seal making one large foil packet, leaving room for heat circulation inside. She hands this off to the grill master. She then dumps a container of sliced Portobello mushrooms on another rectangle of foil. Places a couple pats of butter and a sprinkle of garlic salt on top, then seals the packet. Meanwhile I've been slicing some yellow summer squash and a red bell pepper. They get the same treatment as the mushrooms, but with a sprinkle of all-purpose seasoned salt, and sealed into a  foil packet. Then off to the grill they go. (The vegetables take about 15 minutes) Next is the fish. I take it out of the water and open the packages and pat the fish with a paper towel to dry it. The fish gets laid on a sheet of foil, sprayed with oil and sprinkled with seafood seasoning and onto the grill it goes.  DH pokes several holes in the foil to let the heat come through. It will be ready in about 10 minutes or when opaque. I return to the kitchen, where Catherine scoops up the vegetable scraps and disposes of that while I combine butter and brown sugar in a small saucepan on low heat, and prepare the pineapple for dessert. Cut of the top and bottom, then cut lengthwise into four pieces, cut the inside core off, then cut each quarter into thirds, and place on a sheet of foil to transfer to the grill. When the fish and vegetables come off, the pineapple goes on for about 15 minutes. Catherine has set the table on the porch, and we're ready to eat. This is a casual week night meal, so no serving dishes tonight. We simply remove the foil packets from the grill, place them on the table, and with dish towels, pull back the foil covering the vegetables, and scrunch it into a bowl shape. I cut some fresh herbs from my window sill. Dill on the fish, and fresh parsley on the vegetables.

packets on the grill

Corn-on-the-cob

yellow squash and red peppers

Baby Portobello mushrooms

Talapia

Grilled meal in foil "bowls".

Let's eat!

With everyone pitching in, the whole meal took a little over 30 minutes to prepare. The pineapple finished cooking while we ate, and got brushed with the brown sugar glaze at the last minute, and was delicious.

And cleanup was basically non-existent, just close up any 'Bowls" with leftovers and store in the refrigerator in case anyone wants to reheat in the oven later for a midnight snack.  We're leaving in the morning for vacation, so this was a great way to use all the fresh produce we had on hand.

awesome it look so delish I am starved and that looks great.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advertisement Advertisement