Inside the Kitchen

Your guide to creating meal magic every day - from cooking to baking to entertaining for any occasion.

Group Home

What's a cool tip or trick that you have discovered to make kitchen tasks easier?

Posted by on Jun. 25, 2013 at 2:54 PM
  • 88 Replies

As a busy mom, don't you absolutely love it when you discover a new tip or trick that makes one of those "to-do" tasks in your life so much easier to get done?

What's a cool tip or trick that you have discovered to make kitchen tasks easier?

juggling

by on Jun. 25, 2013 at 2:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kellynh
2 moms liked this

I never thought to use Reynolds Wrap for snack making packets. We are a busy family and loved the tip on the Reynolds site. We tried making the ants on a log (ie peanut butter and raisins on celery) to bring to the park. It was perfect!! One child is a raisin hater and for her I used peanuts. Using the Reynolds Wrap, it was simple to label the packets with the kids individual names!! On the plus side, if you have ever tried to take this snack in a plastic Baggie... The peanut butter goes everywhere and it's a messy hand clean up. With te Reynolds Wrap it stayed straight, just the way I packed it!! 

othermom
by Danelle on Jun. 25, 2013 at 2:54 PM
2 moms liked this

I love the idea of using aluminum foil to clean the grill. it worked really well. It is so much easier than using a sponge.

othermom
by Danelle on Jun. 25, 2013 at 2:54 PM

Quoting kellynh:

I never thought to use Reynolds Wrap for snack making packets. We are a busy family and loved the tip on the Reynolds site. We tried making the ants on a log (ie peanut butter and raisins on celery) to bring to the park. It was perfect!! One child is a raisin hater and for her I used peanuts. Using the Reynolds Wrap, it was simple to label the packets with the kids individual names!! On the plus side, if you have ever tried to take this snack in a plastic Baggie... The peanut butter goes everywhere and it's a messy hand clean up. With te Reynolds Wrap it stayed straight, just the way I packed it!! 

That is a neat idea

michiganmom116
by Rhonda on Jun. 25, 2013 at 2:54 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting othermom:

I love the idea of using aluminum foil to clean the grill. it worked really well. It is so much easier than using a sponge.

Along the same lines, it works great to scrub pots and pans, too!

michiganmom116
1 mom liked this

TWIST TIES!  Oh my WORD, I'm always losing them.  Rolling up a piece of Reynolds foil makes a quick replacement for those lost twist ties!

michiganmom116

I've also used Reynolds foil to line baking dishes for casseroles that I'm going to freeze and reheat later.  I use plenty of extra to hang over the sides so that once the casserole is frozen it's a quick lift and wrap and store in the freezer!

gumbeme06
Definitely this

Quoting othermom:

wandep
1 mom liked this

Back when we were in school and I was making the kids lunches I ran out of zip lock bags. Well guess what?? You can use aluminum foil to wrap sandwiches in. :) Especially nice for leftover fried chicken..I would heat this up for my daughter's lunch wrap it in a napkin and put the chicken in the aluminum foil. Less grease that way too. I've also used it for snacks in the kid's lunches.

Bmat
by Bronze Member on Jun. 25, 2013 at 2:54 PM
2 moms liked this

Something that has always been frustrating for me is cutting brownies and bar cookies and having them messed up and stick to the pan even with cooking spray.  I now line the pan with non-stick foil and leave a little more foil over the pan, then when the brownies or bar cookies are baked and cooled, I lift them out of the pan using the excess foil and put them on a cutting board. So much nicer. Clean up is easier, too, and I never have liked cutting brownies and bar cookies in my pans, since it leaves marks, and this way the pan is protected from the knife. Then I can rinse off the foil and either reuse or recycle, depending on if it was cut up. I found the idea of using nonstick foil to line the pan at the Reynold's site, and this picture was there also:

Bmat
by Bronze Member on Jun. 25, 2013 at 2:54 PM
1 mom liked this

When I bake meats and fish, I like to wrap them in foil since the foil can be rolled and sealed on the top and ends. I also like that clean up is easier.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advertisement Advertisement