Inside the Kitchen

Your guide to creating meal magic every day - from cooking to baking to entertaining for any occasion.

Group Home

What's a cool tip or trick that you have discovered to make kitchen tasks easier?

Posted by   + Show Post

As a busy mom, don't you absolutely love it when you discover a new tip or trick that makes one of those "to-do" tasks in your life so much easier to get done?

What's a cool tip or trick that you have discovered to make kitchen tasks easier?

juggling

by on Jun. 25, 2013 at 2:54 PM
Replies (81-88):
mamalynnsmith
by Member on Jul. 11, 2013 at 6:32 AM

To keep my husband out of the kitchen

To use a themomater when cooking chicken,beef or pork

pinkcoffeecup
by on Jul. 20, 2013 at 11:23 PM

I use one of these to open up jars with.  Well sometimes you get a jar and the lid is on to tight. I slip it under the lid. Pop the seal on it. Voila. Jar opens easy.

Redwoods_Mama
by New Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 2:03 AM
1 mom liked this

1) Do your shit.  Just do it.

2) Consistently.

3)  Everyone needs a food processor.

SweetLuci
by Silver Member on May. 18, 2014 at 3:22 PM

Parchment paper works much better than waxpaper. Have you tried it? It's what professional bakers use.

Quoting caseysmommy8911:

I love to bake cakes my trick is to cut out a circle in wax paper (im sure they sells them pre cut somewhere) and i put it at the bottom no flour and no non stick spray. Take a butter knife to the sides and it comes out perfct every time

batjmom
by Sarah on May. 19, 2014 at 8:11 AM
I use Reynolds foil a lot for making packets to put on the grill

Chicken with rosemary and lemon
Salmon
Crab legs

Vegetables
batjmom
by Sarah on May. 19, 2014 at 8:11 AM
Lining the bottom of my oven with foil
Easier clean up
SweetLuci
by Silver Member on May. 19, 2014 at 3:11 PM

Never thought of doing crab legs in foil on the grill. What a great idea!

Quoting batjmom: I use Reynolds foil a lot for making packets to put on the grill Chicken with rosemary and lemon Salmon Crab legs Vegetables

sparky1006
by TERESA on May. 19, 2014 at 6:01 PM

I always used waxed paper for everything.Warming up leftovers,cookie bacon,. But since Parchment paper has come into my life sort of speak, it can be used for a lot more tasks than I thought. I like the pockets that they have where you can heat up your food an take it with you.Or if you are making some kind of vetgetables when done just prick open the bag,Your vegs are right there no need to use a baking dish,

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advertisement Advertisement