Inside the Kitchen

Your guide to creating meal magic every day - from cooking to baking to entertaining for any occasion.

Group Home

Kitchen Fail 6/13

Posted by on Jun. 13, 2013 at 12:10 PM
  • 16 Replies

I was baking chocolate chip cookies this morning.  Instead of putting in vanilla, I put in liquid smoke.

There was absolutely no rescuing those :(

You would think I would have smelled  the liquid smoke when I opened the bottle, it's pretty pungent, but nope, I did not.

by on Jun. 13, 2013 at 12:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
campingmomof4
by Bronze Member on Jun. 13, 2013 at 12:33 PM
1 mom liked this

I have done things like that before.  

Sorry you had to thru them away. 

1plustwinsmommy
by Member on Jun. 13, 2013 at 5:16 PM
1 mom liked this
Gag. But, I've done apple juice instead of chicken broth in a Mexican rice dish. Gag.
azlana
by New Member on Jun. 14, 2013 at 8:58 AM
1 mom liked this

I feel your pain.  I made a pumpkin pie one Thanksgiving and forgot the sugar.  Really?

sweetheart4171
by Peggy on Jun. 14, 2013 at 9:28 AM
1 mom liked this

I've done some fails plenty of times can't remember a specific, I guess there is too many to recall just one

Shelly126
by Bronze Member on Jun. 14, 2013 at 9:56 AM
Yikes! I once used salt instead of sugar in these meringue cookies I make! Wow talk about horrible, thank goodness I tasted them before anyone else was around and got a big mouthful of salt!!
batjmom
by Sarah on Jun. 14, 2013 at 10:01 AM

oh no. 

I dropped an entire pan of lasagna on the floor.  Splatter all over even the ceiling

megandwade
by Silver Member on Jun. 14, 2013 at 10:11 AM

I mixed a packet of taco seasoning into a pan of gravy once. DH said I should have kept it but I tossed it out.

dandylynes
by Sonnie on Jun. 14, 2013 at 10:18 AM
1 mom liked this

Oh man, yuck!  That reminds me of the time that my ex was working in an assisted living home as a cook and he made peach cobbler for dessert, but instead of sugar he accidentally added salt.  I think he served it too, but I can't remember.

Quoting Shelly126:

Yikes! I once used salt instead of sugar in these meringue cookies I make! Wow talk about horrible, thank goodness I tasted them before anyone else was around and got a big mouthful of salt!!

dandylynes
by Sonnie on Jun. 14, 2013 at 10:18 AM

I dunno, that might have been ok :)  I would have been willing to try that.

Quoting megandwade:

I mixed a packet of taco seasoning into a pan of gravy once. DH said I should have kept it but I tossed it out.

dandylynes
by Sonnie on Jun. 14, 2013 at 10:19 AM

That had to have been the worst to clean up.

Quoting batjmom:

oh no. 

I dropped an entire pan of lasagna on the floor.  Splatter all over even the ceiling

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advertisement Advertisement