Inside the Kitchen

Your guide to creating meal magic every day - from cooking to baking to entertaining for any occasion.

Group Home

Best veggies for baking?

Posted by on Jun. 14, 2013 at 6:59 PM
  • 14 Replies
I am looking to start baking vegetables so I need to know some favorites! I already plan to do zuchini & squash.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jun. 14, 2013 at 6:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
michiganmom116
by Rhonda on Jun. 14, 2013 at 7:25 PM
1 mom liked this

Baking or roasting?

I love roasted veggies!  We've roasted broccoli, cauliflower, beets, carrots, beans, asparagus, peppers, and onions.  Yum!

AmberMerrell
by New Member on Jun. 14, 2013 at 8:51 PM
I guess technically roasting. I've got to look up how it's done, but I'm pretty sure the way my mil does it is sprinkle with oil & then pops them in the oven on broil?

Quoting michiganmom116:

Baking or roasting?

I love roasted veggies!  We've roasted broccoli, cauliflower, beets, carrots, beans, asparagus, peppers, and onions.  Yum!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
terri76
by Gold Member on Jun. 14, 2013 at 9:51 PM
1 mom liked this

We do broccoli,cauliflower,carrots,sweet potatoes,root veggies...not usually all together but we could i guess lol..this is always yummy

michiganmom116
by Rhonda on Jun. 14, 2013 at 9:51 PM
1 mom liked this

I put the veggies in a bowl, drizzle with olive oil and then stir to cover, spread on a baking sheet, sprinkle with garlic salt, maybe pepper, then roast at 350° - 400°F (whatever the main dish is baking at) for 30 to 45 minutes or until fork tender.

Quoting AmberMerrell:

I guess technically roasting. I've got to look up how it's done, but I'm pretty sure the way my mil does it is sprinkle with oil & then pops them in the oven on broil?

Quoting michiganmom116:

Baking or roasting?

AmberMerrell
by New Member on Jun. 14, 2013 at 10:33 PM
Yes! I'm not use to all of this so I wasn't exactly sure, but I knew it was yummy & wanted to start doing it lol!

Quoting michiganmom116:

I put the veggies in a bowl, drizzle with olive oil and then stir to cover, spread on a baking sheet, sprinkle with garlic salt, maybe pepper, then roast at 350° - 400°F (whatever the main dish is baking at) for 30 to 45 minutes or until fork tender.

Quoting AmberMerrell:

Quoting michiganmom116:

Baking or roasting?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ChancesMommy07
by on Jun. 15, 2013 at 8:51 AM

Baked squash with butter and brown sugar is my favorite :-)

Lauren486
by Lauren on Jun. 15, 2013 at 9:46 AM

You can do just about anything.  Roasted potatoes and carrots are a quick and easy go to in our house. 

powow65
by Kimmy the new cook on Jun. 16, 2013 at 6:07 PM
IMHO, sweet potato!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AlleyCat08
by Bronze Member on Jun. 16, 2013 at 6:33 PM
Any root veg or squash roast very nicely in the oven. I just drizzle with oil, add garlic (we love garlic, so I use alot) and salt/pepper. I also add herbs like rosemary or thyme (use fresh if you can, dried is okay, I don't like them dry personally). I then pour into a 9x13" baking dish lined with foil annd bake until fork tender at about 350. Oh, and cut into bite size pieces first. Also, you can grill many items on the bbq.
You an look online for ideas... Happy roasting.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kaybear123
by Kayla on Jun. 17, 2013 at 1:05 AM

Potatoes!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advertisement Advertisement