Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Need new ideas for beef roast

Posted by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 5:04 AM
  • 4 Replies

We have quite a few beef roasts from the beef we bought...enough for 2 each month.  I usually make a typical beef roast (onion & veggies) and one with a seasoned tomato sauce (Hungarian beef.)  The problem is, we're getting tired of those two ways of preparing a beef roast and leftovers are going to waste.  I NEED NEW IDEAS/RECIPES!

Can you help?

by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 5:04 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
starlight1968
by Member on Jun. 17, 2013 at 6:49 AM

Try this!  My hubby loves it!  I substitute another can of broth for the beer tho!

French Dip in the Crockpot

4 pounds of some type of roast meat (rump roast, chuck roast, etc!)
1 can (10.5 oz) beef broth
1 can (10.5 oz) french onion soup
1 bottle or can (12 oz) beer (or equal amount of water or broth)
french rolls or other crusty rolls
sliced cheese (we love Swiss or Provolone with these!)

Place your roast in the crockpot and pour the broth, french onion soup and beer on top. Cover and cook on low heat for 7-8 hours. About 30 minutes before eating, take out the meat and shred. Place meat back into the juices and stir to flavor all the meat. Split your rolls and top with sliced cheese. Bake at 200 degrees for about 10 minutes or until rolls are nice and toasty. Top rolls with shredded meat and add a cup of the au jus (yummy meat juices) on the side to dip your sandwich in...SUPER YUM!
mysweet1s
by Member on Jun. 17, 2013 at 6:58 AM

Cook the roast slow and low with 1-2 envelopes of dry onions soup packets (2 for a big roast, 1 for a small roast - I tend to error on the side of too much.)  Once it has cooked, shred the beef and add 98% fat free cream of mushroom soup plus some of the broth left over - serve on buns (we prefer bakery buns, but it' whatever you like)  

batjmom
by Sarah on Jun. 17, 2013 at 7:59 AM
What about pulled beef for tacos
ChancesMommy07
by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 8:00 AM

This is hands down my favorite roast beef recipe. We buy a whole cow every year so we eat a lot of roast beef and this is the one my guys ask for most of the time. I just leave off the green chiles.

Creamy Roast Beef Enchiladas

Ingredients

• 8 flour tortillas
  • 5 cups shredded roast beef
  • 1 4 oz can green chilies, drained
  • 1 can cream of chicken soup
  • 1 cup sour cream
  • 2 cups Mexican blend shredded cheese

Instructions

In a small bowl, combine the cream of chicken soup and the sour cream. Spread 1/4 cup of this mixture in the bottom of a 9x13 pan. Set the remainder aside.

Combine the shredded roast beef (or meat of your choice) with the green chilies. Place a little over 1/2 a cup of meat mixture down the center of a flour tortilla. Roll it up and place it seam down in the 9x13 pan. Repeat with the remaining 7 tortillas.

Once all of the tortillas are rolled and placed in the pan, spread the remaining soup/sour cream mixture over top the tortillas. Sprinkle the shredded cheddar cheese over the top.

Bake at 350 for 30 minutes or until heated through and bubbly.

Serve with fresh Pico de Gallo or salsa.

Notes

Use your favorite meat...shredded beef, shredded chicken, or ground beef.

In order to get our roast beef nice and shredded, I cooked it on low in the slow cooker for 8-9 hours.

Feel free to leave out the green chilies...the enchiladas are still great!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)