Inside the Kitchen

Your guide to creating meal magic every day - from cooking to baking to entertaining for any occasion.

Group Home

help in the kitchen!

Posted by on Jun. 25, 2013 at 12:06 AM
  • 25 Replies

I love food and love to cook but my husband is so picky he wont eat cheese, onions,tomatoes, mushrooms, any veg but corn, or sea food. If he had a choice he would eat chilly dogs for breakfast, lunch and dinner. i need some yummy recipes that he will eat. I am getting tired of making the same things over and over.

by on Jun. 25, 2013 at 12:06 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
DissieDothe
by Bronze Member on Jun. 25, 2013 at 12:00 PM
2 moms liked this

Try taking what he likes and use that for a starter. Country fried steak, mashed potatoes, corn, buttery dinner rolls, and fresh baked apple pie. Remember - you can win anyone over with dessert.

You did not say anything about rice & pasta.

When we go out to eat at an American style buffet, I catch dh eating all sorts of stuff that he says he does not like and this happens at his mom's house too.

dandylynes
by Sonnie on Jun. 25, 2013 at 12:10 PM
2 moms liked this

Hey!  What's wrong with chili dogs for breakfast, lol?

My fiance won't eat much in the way of veggies, so I substitute fruit in instead.  

Will he eat veggies if they are mixed into things and chopped up minutely, such as in stuffing.  Mmmm stuffing.

sweetheart4171
by Peggy on Jun. 25, 2013 at 8:35 PM
1 mom liked this

OMG every recipe I look at has cheese, tomatoes or another veggie....good luck finding something wish I could help!!!  But there is a great recipe finder called supercook.com that you plug in the ingredients you do have and it will find recipes for you....hope I helped some!!!

1frog
by on Jun. 25, 2013 at 9:59 PM
1 mom liked this

He wouldn't last long in my house.  We love our cheese and our veggies, together, but mostly separate. Chop up the veggies so fine he won't know it's in there, and very, very gradually increase it.  Don't let him see at first.  This is how I got my husband to like garlic.  I used to sneak just a little garlic powder on pork because I liked it when friends did it. The other night when I made a pork roast I cut diagonals in it, and stuffed in small pieces of fresh garlic, much like you would do with cloves in a ham.  I didn't hide it from hubby either.  No leftovers that night!

terri76
by Gold Member on Jun. 25, 2013 at 10:48 PM
1 mom liked this

yikes....hope you find something he does like..he would necer survive here..we eat alot of veggies and cheese..lol

proudmommy71112
by New Member on Jun. 25, 2013 at 11:43 PM

i actually make a lot of pasta stuff and roast and its getting old. And we eat a lot of steak but i was raised on steak and taters but i just want to switch it up a little and make some new things that we can both eat not make myself something and make him something else. His mom baby him when he was a kid so i think that's were he gets it from cuz she would make him something else then everyone else. Half the stuff he says he don't like he has never even tried like seafood and mushrooms.

proudmommy71112
by New Member on Jun. 25, 2013 at 11:49 PM

he will eat boxed stuffing. Its weird because he says he hates cheese but he will eat macaroni and eat blocked cheese plain. I love to do crock pot stuff so any ideas for that let me no and i can add all that stuff in for flavor and ill eat it and he can pick at it. thanks lady's for the help.

Shoota
by Member on Jun. 26, 2013 at 3:18 AM

Im a big fan of, you dont like, you cook! LOL.

My husband is anti anything healthy, low-fat sour cream for instance. He loves everything fatty and puts butter on every veggie I serve. He gets mad if I buy turkey bacon. I finally said to him..you have options, eat this or cook yourself, eat this or have a fat wife, up to you buddy.

lulalacroix
by Member on Jun. 26, 2013 at 6:03 AM
I hide vegetables in my cooking. If I make meat sauce for pasta sometimes I add a pound of spinach for vitamins. But my family will eat everything, so good luck!
Sisteract
by Silver Member on Jun. 26, 2013 at 10:16 AM

Deceptively Delicious- By J Seinfeld.  It's written for picky kids, but it seems your husband's palette qualifies.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advertisement Advertisement