Inside the Kitchen

Your guide to creating meal magic every day - from cooking to baking to entertaining for any occasion.

Group Home

Food Processor Short Cuts Part 2 – Sauces

Posted by on Jun. 26, 2013 at 12:00 AM
  • 30 Replies
1 mom liked this

When I first purchased my food processor, I started off slow. I used it just to chop veggies and ingredients for larger recipes and cut back on prep times. Once I was comfortable using my new kitchen tool, I decided to try my luck at making sauce. It was easier than I expected!

I found it easiest to start with a basic marinara - garlic, basil, sweet onion, roma tomatoes, olive oil, salt and pepper. Just chop it all up and place into the food processor. Blend until smooth and then bring to a simmer on the stove to get the raw taste out of the ingredients. A sprinkle of red pepper rounds it all out with a great kick.

You could also try your luck with fresh pesto - basil, walnuts or pine nuts, parmesan cheese, olive oil, garlic, salt and pepper.  I love pesto with pasta or with chicken. This sauce also freezes well for future use, so go ahead and make a bigger batch.

What kind of sauces have you made with your food processor?

by on Jun. 26, 2013 at 12:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lalasmama2007
by Ticia on Jun. 28, 2013 at 9:15 AM

It sounds easy, but I don't have a food processor.

michiganmom116
by Rhonda on Jun. 28, 2013 at 9:24 AM

I haven't made any sauces yet.

goddess99
by Bronze Member on Jun. 28, 2013 at 9:31 AM

I haven't made any sauces yet but I plan to. Just got my food processor last month.

TerriC
by Bronze Member on Jun. 28, 2013 at 9:35 AM
I have not used my food processor for sauces, but what a great idea! Fresh sauce and it's easy, I like that.
batjmom
by Sarah on Jun. 28, 2013 at 9:43 AM
Same here.

How is the vacation? I'm so jealous!! I want a California trip!
How is your mom?

Quoting TerriC:

I have not used my food processor for sauces, but what a great idea! Fresh sauce and it's easy, I like that.
batjmom
by Sarah on Jun. 28, 2013 at 9:45 AM
Same here.

How is your mom?

Quoting TerriC:

TerriC
by Bronze Member on Jun. 28, 2013 at 9:47 AM
The trip has been fun! It's our last full day :-(. My mom is doing okay, she is very frail, makes me sad. But, we are so happy to be spending time with her. :-)

Quoting batjmom:

Same here.

How is your mom?

Quoting TerriC:

batjmom
by Sarah on Jun. 28, 2013 at 9:55 AM

I dont know why the the same thing posted 3 times.. goodnes.

I bet she is so happy to be spending time with you too!  Enjoy your last day.  ( whats the in and out burger count :) 

Quoting TerriC:

The trip has been fun! It's our last full day :-(. My mom is doing okay, she is very frail, makes me sad. But, we are so happy to be spending time with her. :-)

Quoting batjmom:

Same here.

How is your mom?

Quoting TerriC:

TerriC
by Bronze Member on Jun. 28, 2013 at 9:57 AM
Can you believe only ONE??? Lol

Quoting batjmom:

I dont know why the the same thing posted 3 times.. goodnes.

I bet she is so happy to be spending time with you too!  Enjoy your last day.  ( whats the in and out burger count :) 

Quoting TerriC:

Quoting batjmom:

Same here.

How is your mom?

Quoting TerriC:

4kidz916
by Bronze Member on Jun. 28, 2013 at 9:58 AM

I don't have a food processor.  I really need to get one. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advertisement Advertisement
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN