Inside the Kitchen

Your guide to creating meal magic every day - from cooking to baking to entertaining for any occasion.

Group Home

Brown Rice?

Posted by on Jun. 27, 2013 at 11:44 PM
  • 26 Replies

What do you do to it? I need some ideas...I have a pack of brown rice and I need to make it tasty and yummy !

I dont like it plain.

CafeMom Tickers
by on Jun. 27, 2013 at 11:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
michiganmom116
by Rhonda on Jun. 28, 2013 at 6:12 AM

We don't eat it, but you can cook it up and use with stir fry, or else add butter, brown sugar, berries and milk for a rice pudding/cereal type of thing.

campingmomof4
by Bronze Member on Jun. 28, 2013 at 7:13 AM

I use brown rice with stir fry, chili.  Pretty much anythnig I use white rice for.   My favorite is steak in a nice brown gravy over brown rice with zucchini and yellow squash. 

batjmom
by Sarah on Jun. 28, 2013 at 8:04 AM
I use it often. You can add some grilled chicken and a little chicken stock and your favorite vegetables .. My kids then like a little fresh grated Parmesan on top
22donnas
by Member on Jun. 28, 2013 at 8:54 AM

I LIKE BROWN RICE WITH CHICKEN BAKED IN THE OVEN.OR IN STUFFED PEPPERS.

TerriC
by Bronze Member on Jun. 28, 2013 at 9:56 AM
Sounds very good!

Quoting batjmom:

I use it often. You can add some grilled chicken and a little chicken stock and your favorite vegetables .. My kids then like a little fresh grated Parmesan on top

batjmom
by Sarah on Jun. 28, 2013 at 9:59 AM
1 mom liked this

and easy

Quoting TerriC:

Sounds very good!

Quoting batjmom:

4kidz916
by Bronze Member on Jun. 28, 2013 at 10:06 AM

I use it in any recipe that calls for white rice.  We especially like it with stir fry.

TerriC
by Bronze Member on Jun. 28, 2013 at 10:08 AM
1 mom liked this
Even better! :-)

Quoting batjmom:

and easy

Quoting TerriC:

Sounds very good!

Quoting batjmom:

dsmith909
by Member on Jun. 28, 2013 at 10:18 AM
1 mom liked this

i don't know a lot about brown rice i tried it once didn't like it to much.My daughter said it's a taste you have to get used to.

dsmith909

STVUstudent
by on Jun. 28, 2013 at 10:20 AM

I cook brown rice by the box and freeze in meal-sized portions...

I make it into fried rice- saute some chopped or sliced or shredded veggies- cabbage, onion, bell pepper, carrot, mushroom, bean sprout, water chestnuts, brocolli, bok choi, whatever you like... add the cooked rice to the veggies, scramble an egg into it if you like... add whatever sauce you like (I like hoisin sauce, korean BBQ sauce, teriaki, soy sauce).  If you like, you can add a packet of fried rice seasoning.  Salt and pepper to taste.  Add a protein if you like- diced sauted tofu, sliced chicken, beef, pork, more egg...  very quick and easy...

Chicken (or beef or pork) and rice... saute the meat, add the cooked rice, add  a little gravy or sauce, serve with a veggie

Breakfast cereal- take the cooked rice, add a little milk, cook some more, add raisins, dried cranberries or apples, some cinnamon, brown sugar, some nuts...

Rice balls... take cooked rice, put a slice of American cheese on it, melt the cheese, mix it up really well, shape the cheesy rice into little balls (little kids love these)...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advertisement Advertisement