Inside the Kitchen

Your guide to creating meal magic every day - from cooking to baking to entertaining for any occasion.

Group Home
Anyone have any healthy cauliflower recipes? I just bought a fresh bag and I can't decide what to do with it.
by on Jun. 30, 2013 at 1:43 PM
Replies (11-15):
DissieDothe
by Bronze Member on Jun. 30, 2013 at 10:05 PM

Cauliflower is a really good side for Mexican food. Steamed with a sprinkle of sea salt maybe a dash of paprika or black pepper. It's my go-to side to serve with chili too.

I've tried lemon vinaigrette on broccoli and it was okay ... maybe something that you have to develop a taste to like. I think that it would be the same with cauliflower.

My family enjoys the cauliflower, broccoli, carrot combination for a side dish. Just steamed with a bit of sea salt.  

ReniaEats
by Member on Jul. 1, 2013 at 7:34 AM

We use it to make pizza crust sometimes. Otherwise, we normally just eat it steamed with a little garlic and evoo.

elijahsmama09
by Member on Jul. 1, 2013 at 12:03 PM
Its great for mock mashed potatoes:) Just roast in the oven until very soft(it may take a while) and then run through a food processor until fine. Add whatever you like to mashed potatoes. Cream cheese, butter, salt, pepper, garlic, sour cream, etc.
Kmakksmom
by on Jul. 2, 2013 at 6:27 PM

You can make them into mashed "potatoes".  They are really good, especially with garlic.

4kidz916
by Bronze Member on Jul. 2, 2013 at 7:47 PM

These recipes look great.  I'm always looking for new ways to fix veggies. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advertisement Advertisement