Inside the Kitchen

Your guide to creating meal magic every day - from cooking to baking to entertaining for any occasion.

Group Home

I know it's not a culinary masterpiece, but...

Posted by   + Show Post

I am obsessed with making Rice Krispy Treats.  My Mom used to make them on rare occasions for a special treat.  I just learned how to make them and we are obsessed with them.  I make them with peanut butter and chocolate rice krispy's  and they are outstanding.  And now I will hang my head in shame for being so obsessed over something soooooo unhealthy lol.

by on Jul. 8, 2013 at 1:39 PM
Replies (21-27):
mlb456
by Member on Jul. 10, 2013 at 5:46 PM
Ive always wanted to make them with ds but ive never tried it before.. are they easy to make?
sbp8276
by New Member on Jul. 10, 2013 at 5:53 PM

extremely easy.

the original recipe i found 

4 cups mini marshmallows

1cup peanut butter

1&1/2 tablespoons butter

5 cups rice krispies

wax or parchment paper

melt butter, marshmallows and peanut butter in large pot on medium to low heat. stir well.

once melted, stir in rice krispies until all coated.  then spread into 9x12 nonstick pan and use wax paper to spread evenly into pan. 

let stand 30 minutes then cut and enjoy!

I found that they needed more marshmallows to make them stick together better so I used a whole 10 oz bag of mini marshmallows.  My husband likes them extra peanutty so I increased the peanut butter to 1 & 1/2 cups.  I also lined the pan with wax paper and when they are set, I pull them out and cut them into squares.

Quoting mlb456:

Ive always wanted to make them with ds but ive never tried it before.. are they easy to make?

TheBabyFactory4
by Bronze Member on Jul. 10, 2013 at 6:11 PM
I've never made them. Lol i really need to try
terri76
by Gold Member on Jul. 10, 2013 at 10:54 PM

Yummmm no need to hang your head in shame!! I make them here all the time and my son is 17..so he does not always want them..so i just share with my co-workers!!

megandwade
by Silver Member on Jul. 11, 2013 at 10:03 PM

I just made some last night!

Charizma77
by Bronze Member on Jul. 11, 2013 at 10:48 PM

I've never made them...imagine that!

bipolar69mom
by New Member on Jul. 11, 2013 at 10:55 PM

Good job!! "E" for effort ... everything takes time ... especially cooking and baking ... baking is a more precise thing and after cooking for a while you can just wing it :) my BF and I cook alot and we love to make new things.  But small steps lead to bigger steps ... I wish I was well enough to start a page on cooking and answering peoples questions, etc. because I just love it!! Keep on trying new things, I always feel better and accomplished when I make something new and everyone eats it :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advertisement Advertisement
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN