Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Bake Sale Best Sellers

Posted by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 1:40 AM
  • 15 Replies

I saw a post about bake sales, and it brought back very fond memories. I loved baking for my daughters school bake sales! I usually made the same three things, too: New York style cheesecake was first. It is easy, it doesn't cost much, and it was always popular. They sliced it thin, and made a lot more money off of it than I spent making it. Then there was lazy Daizy cake. This is a nice yellow cake, can be from a mix, if you want. You make a topping of coconut, butter, and brown sugar, slap it on the cake when it is still hot, then broil it for a bit. No frosting to worry about, so it's easy to transport, and not messy, and it's soooo good. And the last thing was non-traditional. I figured that a lot of people would stop in the morning to buy something, so I made muffins with some cheese and breakfast sausage in them, an easy breakfast treat. These items always sold out fast.

http://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/lazy-daisy-cake

by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 1:40 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
johnny4ever
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 7:21 AM

Love taste of home

Leelee1008
by Bronze Member on Jul. 16, 2013 at 1:44 PM

omg bake sales, I havent seen on in years. They just dont do them anymore and I dont know why. I would think they would make alot of money off them

KaylaMillar
by Bronze Member on Jul. 16, 2013 at 2:07 PM
Love bake sales!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Bmat
by Bronze Member on Jul. 16, 2013 at 2:43 PM

My sons' scout troop held bake sales, and proceeds went to help pay for camp for the boys whose parents donated the items. I contributed 7 pies one year and several applesauce cakes. It really helped.

Lauren486
by Lauren on Jul. 16, 2013 at 6:23 PM

Love the idea of the breakfast muffins.  

I usually just stick to something like brownies for bake sales.

Bob192
by Bronze Member on Jul. 17, 2013 at 2:06 AM

Those all sound good!  Let me know when you are doing one and I'll be by!

mrswillie
by Silver Member on Jul. 17, 2013 at 8:19 AM

Fudge and cinnamon rolls were always big sellers for us.

dusky_rose
by Bronze Member on Jul. 17, 2013 at 12:10 PM

I wish they did bake sales at my son's school, but we aren't even allowed to bring home baked goods as a birthday treat there.

campingmomof4
by on Jul. 17, 2013 at 12:19 PM

My ladies auxilary group to the VFW does a bake sale every October.  We do pretty well at it.  Cookies and brownies do really well.  

copasetic1
by Member on Jul. 17, 2013 at 2:02 PM
1 mom liked this

Yeah, they have to protect our kids from home made goodies.

Quoting dusky_rose:

I wish they did bake sales at my son's school, but we aren't even allowed to bring home baked goods as a birthday treat there.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)