Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Birthday dinners

Posted by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 1:24 PM
  • 8 Replies
Do you make special dinners for your kids birthdays or do you usually go out?

My kids pick what they like. Today my son turns 11 and he picked manicotti and garlic bread. It's 97 degrees outside and my oven will be on.
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 1:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
batjmom
by Sarah on Jul. 16, 2013 at 1:25 PM

Mobile Photo

michiganmom116
by Ruby Member on Jul. 16, 2013 at 1:36 PM

I let them pick what they'd like.  My parents take them out to dinner as their gift.

kaybear123
by Kayla on Jul. 16, 2013 at 1:37 PM

Yes we do

Leelee1008
by Bronze Member on Jul. 16, 2013 at 1:40 PM

My Dh gets crabs for his birthday every year. Since its in July and they are in season...

My kids we usually go out to eat

bzzybeemomof3
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 1:42 PM

They pick if we stay in or go out. DD turns 5 tomorrow, this is her dinner pick.

Enchiladas. Taco sald, 7 layer bean dip, pita chips and tostitos for dipping. And stuffed mushrooms with crab and lobster. The cake she wanted is an Ice cream cake (any flavor) with Jake and the neverland pirates on it. But only 3 candles. She is obsessed with the number 3, she will only eat 3 meatballs on her pasta and other things in 3. lol

We are not having a party for her this year, my parents are taking her to Great wolf lodge with her sister instead.

DD turned 11 in June, her pick was to eat out at Montanas (steakhouse) for steak and lobster. lol No cake for her, she does not like cake. We had smoothies instead. lol

arthistmom
by Member on Jul. 16, 2013 at 5:01 PM

Both. Sometimes they request a special dish for dinner, sometimes they want to go out. Our older son is having a birthday party in a few weeks and he wanted a large fruit tart as his birthday cake. Our younger son, whose birthday is in December, has already made it known that he wants noodles (he means ramen at our favorite ramen place) for his birthday dinner. 

Lauren486
by Lauren on Jul. 16, 2013 at 6:07 PM

My kids are all young but I always cook their favourite meal on their birthdays, which so far is always something simple like mac and cheese and peas, lol. 

coolmommy2x
by Bronze Member on Jul. 16, 2013 at 6:11 PM
Sometimes both. I'll make a favorite dinner and then we'll go out another night. I'm 46 and my mom still makes me lasagna every year on my birthday. =)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)