Veggie-Bacon Squares from the Betty Crocker site!
- slices thick-sliced bacon, cut into 1-inch pieces
- cup whipping cream
- tablespoons butter, cut into small pieces
- package (3-oz size) cream cheese, cut into pieces
- cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 1/4
- teaspoons garlic powder
- can (11 oz) Pillsbury® refrigerated thin pizza crust
- small zucchini (8 oz), cut into julienne pieces (1 1/2x1/4x1/4 inch)
- small yellow summer squash (4 oz), cut into julienne pieces (1 1/2x1/4x1/4 inch)
- cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- cup halved grape tomatoes
- cup shredded mozzarella cheese (2 oz)
- 1Heat oven to 400°F. In skillet, cook bacon over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until crisp. Remove bacon; drain on paper towels. Reserve 3 tablespoons bacon drippings in small bowl; set aside. Discard remaining drippings; wipe skillet clean and set aside.
- 2In 1-quart saucepan, mix 2 tablespoons of reserved drippings, the whipping cream, butter and cream cheese. Cook over medium-low heat, stirring frequently with wire whisk, until melted and blended. Stir in Parmesan cheese and 1 teaspoon of the garlic powder until well blended. Keep warm over low heat.
- 3Spray 11x7-inch (2-quart) glass baking dish with cooking spray. Unroll dough in baking dish; press in bottom and up sides of dish. Bake 5 minutes. Meanwhile, in reserved skillet, add remaining 1 tablespoon bacon drippings, the zucchini, yellow squash, mushrooms, pepper and remaining 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder; toss to coat with drippings. Cook and stir over medium-high heat 3 to 5 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender. Stir in bacon.
- 4Using slotted spoon, spoon zucchini mixture evenly onto partially baked crust. Pour sauce over vegetables. Top with tomato halves and mozzarella cheese.
- 5Bake 16 to 20 minutes or until crust is evenly browned and cheese is melted. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
One cup of cubed peeled butternut squash can be substituted for the summer squash.
Serve this dish with a nice low-fat salad.
- PREP TIME 45 Min
- TOTAL TIME 1 Hr 15 Min
- SERVINGS 6