Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pizza-Filled Pretzels

Posted by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 7:03 PM
  • 6 Replies

Pizza-Filled Pretzels from the Betty Crocker site!

Pizza-Filled Pretzels

You Need:

Pizza Filling
1/2
cup finely shredded mozzarella cheese (2 oz)
1/2
cup finely chopped pepperoni
tablespoons pizza sauce
Pretzels
can (13.8 oz) Pillsbury® refrigerated classic pizza crust
cups water
1/4
cup baking soda
egg
tablespoon water
Coarse (kosher or sea) salt
Pizza sauce, as desired

To Make:

• 1Heat oven to 400┬░F. In small bowl, mix Filling ingredients; set aside. Line large cookie sheet with cooking parchment paper. Unroll dough onto lightly floured surface; roll into 14x12-inch rectangle. Using pizza cutter, cut dough lengthwise into 4 strips.
  • 2Spoon about 1/4 cup of the filling onto long edge of each dough strip. Stretch dough over filling; brush edges with water, and pinch to seal. Pick up ends of filled dough, and stretch to make 24-inch rope.
  • 3To make pretzel shape, form each rope into U shape. Twist ends twice. Press down where dough overlaps in an "X" to hold shape. Pick up ends and fold over so they rest over bottom of U shape.
  • 4In medium microwavable bowl, microwave 2 cups water uncovered on High about 2 minutes or until hot. Add baking soda; stir until dissolved. Dip each pretzel, 1 at a time, into water mixture. Immediately remove from water with large pancake turner; let stand about 5 minutes. In small bowl, beat egg and 1 tablespoon water with whisk; brush pretzels with egg mixture.
  • 5Place pretzels on cookie sheet; sprinkle with salt. Bake 11 to 15 minutes or until tops of pretzels are dark golden brown. Serve with pizza sauce.

Info:

• PREP TIME 30 Min
  • TOTAL TIME 45 Min
  • SERVINGS 4
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 7:03 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Sisteract
by Silver Member on Jul. 16, 2013 at 7:04 PM

Yum

Bmat
by Bronze Member on Jul. 16, 2013 at 7:32 PM

I see pizza crust dough in my grocery store. I think I should be able to use this to make the pretzels also. Thank you for the idea.

countrygirlkat
by Bronze Member on Jul. 16, 2013 at 11:36 PM

Fun!

copasetic1
by Member on Jul. 17, 2013 at 12:59 AM

http://www.marthastewart.com/332275/basic-pizza-dough  home made pizza dough is super easy, and sooo good! This recipe makes enough for at least a couple of pizzas, depending on the size of your pizza pan/stone. It's delicious. Almost no kneading. Use quick yeast, and it will rise while you get everything else ready. Put the leftover dough in the fridge to use within a couple of days, or you can freeze it.

kaybear123
by Kayla on Jul. 17, 2013 at 1:56 AM

Yummy

Bob192
by Bronze Member on Jul. 17, 2013 at 1:56 AM

Great idea!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)