Inside the Kitchen

Your guide to creating meal magic every day - from cooking to baking to entertaining for any occasion.

Group Home

Summer Cooking Challenge Day 3: Fun Family Cooking!

Posted by on Jul. 17, 2013 at 1:46 PM
  • 83 Replies
1 mom liked this

Does your family have a pizza night each week? Put a new twist on pizza night and embrace summer cooking by grilling your pizza! Get your whole family involved and let each family member customize their own pizza before it goes onto the grill.

Here are some simple instructions for grilling pizza:

• Preheat the grill to medium-high.
  • Place prepared pizza crusts on a sheet of foil and set aside.
  • Heat olive oil in a small skillet over medium heat. 
  • Brush pizza crust with olive oil. Add a layer of tomato sauce, shredded cheese, and your favorite toppings.
  • Grill pizza on foil sheets in covered grill for 5 to 7 minutes or until cheese is melted. 

sun

Have you ever grilled pizza before? What are your favorite pizza toppings?

Click here to sign up for the challenge and get daily reminders!

by on Jul. 17, 2013 at 1:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
othermom
by Danelle on Jul. 17, 2013 at 2:07 PM

I have never had grilled pizza , but it sounds interesting. I love olives, mushroom and pineapple

motamaid
by on Jul. 17, 2013 at 2:09 PM
I actually started grilling pizzas outdoors when our power was out a while back to a storm knocking down lines in the neighborhood. It was out several hours and the pizzas were great!
momof4sweetgirl
by New Member on Jul. 17, 2013 at 2:11 PM

Love grilled pizza,

gigis1
by Member on Jul. 17, 2013 at 2:11 PM
I've always wanted to make a grilled pizza but not sure how to even do it. I like everything possible on my pizzas. Specially a whole lot of bell peppers
aandt1999
by Member on Jul. 17, 2013 at 2:13 PM

I have never grilled them but it sounds awesome. Your story made me think of the time when we were out of propane for our stove/oven and decided to make our pizza in the electric skillet. It came out really good. 

Quoting motamaid:

I actually started grilling pizzas outdoors when our power was out a while back to a storm knocking down lines in the neighborhood. It was out several hours and the pizzas were great!

motamaid
by on Jul. 17, 2013 at 2:14 PM
1 mom liked this
You can use any dough but the thinner the better. We also use naan breads, flatbreads, and other things to make pizzas on. Garlicky Naan is the best!
sarah824
by Member on Jul. 17, 2013 at 2:20 PM

We don't eat much pizza. Probably wouldn't grill it either. Fave topping is pepperoni.

craftybookworm
by on Jul. 17, 2013 at 2:21 PM
1 mom liked this
Oh yeah we've grilled pizza before. The kids love pepperoni. Me, I love buffalo chicken pizza.
Babygirl46342
by on Jul. 17, 2013 at 2:23 PM
No we have never grilled pizza, we like pepperoni and bacon.
christitaylor
by on Jul. 17, 2013 at 2:29 PM

No I can't say that I have ever grilled a pizza, but I have grilled onions, green peppers in tinfoil on the grill

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advertisement Advertisement