Inside the Kitchen

Your guide to creating meal magic every day - from cooking to baking to entertaining for any occasion.

Group Home

Share a delicious recipe that's perfect for summer! (Video)

Posted by on Aug. 8, 2013 at 5:24 PM
  • 106 Replies
4 moms liked this

Do you have a family recipe that's been passed down from generation to generation that is just perfect for Summer? 

Or perhaps you've come across a new and interesting recipe on a website, in a cookbook, or from a friend that's your new "go-to" meal for family cookouts?  We'd like to hear all about it.

We gave the moms of CafeMom Reynolds Wrap® Aluminum Foil,  and asked them to  prepare a recipe from the Reynolds Kitchens website using Reynolds Wrap® Aluminum Foil.  Check out this great video of our moms in action and then read all about their experience and how their dishes came out.

Share a delicious recipe that's perfect for summer!

sun

by on Aug. 8, 2013 at 5:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Featured Replies
Momtoasurvivor

I found the cheesy corn on the cob recipe on the Reynolds kitchen website, I picked it for my family because corn on the cob is one of our most favorite sides to bbq for dinner.  We all really liked the recipe the rosemary and Parmesan cheese gave the corn an extra layer of flavor that we really enjoyed and we will defiantly make again! 

My husband is the grill master in our family and he uses Reynolds Wrap all the time, we did learn that Reynolds Wraps is very strong we had no idea that it would hold 4 corn on the cobs without tearing.  We tend to use a lot of Reynolds wrap during the summer because its perfect for bbq and always means less clean up!

To be very honest I think that Reynolds wrap should be a staple in every house hold, its a great product that can be used with just about every meal in your house!  
acrogodess
by Member on Aug. 8, 2013 at 5:24 PM
1 mom liked this

Yesterday, I took a Cook's ham steak. I diced it up into small pieces and sauteed it in olive oil with some onions and peppers (red, yellow and orange) with some black pepper and Mrs. Dash garlic and herb seasoning. As it browned, I added some Dole's Crushed Pineapple and made my family some Hawaiian Ham. It was awesome served over white rice. 

I use Reynold's Wrap to cover the pan and keep in the moisture beneath the lid. I think this is going to be a summer favorite from now on.

wandep
I luv Disney :)
Yesterday at 1:30 PM

This past Saturday my family and I grilled out on the grill using Reynolds Wrap. I must say how much I do love grilling and using Reynolds Wrap. My hubby does most of the grilling but that night he taught me how to use the grill. It's a little scary at first but who knows I might try it again. :) 

So the recipe I found online was a new one for our family. It even had new veggies we have never tried on us or the kiddos. At least for the squash part. I normally can not stand squash but having it grilled was the bomb.  Back to the website....www.reynoldskitchen.com has some awesome recipes. 

Here is the one that we used:

Lemon Rosemary Chicken

Ingredients

4 sheets (12x18-inches each) Reynolds Wrap® Pan Lining Paper

1 tablespoon lemon peel

1 tablespoon olive oil

1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary or 1 teaspoon crushed dried rosemary

1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt

1/2 teaspoon coarse ground black pepper

4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves (4 to 6 oz. each)

1 pkg. (8 oz.) fresh sugar snap peas

1 medium yellow squash, sliced

1/2 cup roasted red pepper, thinly sliced

Cook

1. GRILL 12 to 14 minutes in covered grill
  2. OR BAKE 18 to 20 minutes on cookie sheet in oven.

Prep

1. PREHEAT grill to medium-high OR oven to 450°F.
  2. MIX lemon peel, olive oil, rosemary, seasoned salt and pepper in small bowl until well blended; set aside.
  3. CENTER one chicken breast half on each sheet of Reynolds Wrap Pan Lining Paper. Spread about 2 teaspoons seasoning mixture over each chicken breast. Arrange peas, squash and red pepper around chicken.
  4. BRING up foil sides. Double fold top and ends to seal packet, leaving room for heat circulation inside. Repeat to make four packets.

Oh and we threw in some fresh pineapple on top. :) Yum!

We would definitely try this recipe again. It was very easy to cook on the grill and the Reynolds Wrap made it for easy cleanup. 

I am sorry but I did not take a picture of our meal to show you all how delicious it all looked.  

I would also like to thank Cafemom, Reynolds Wrap, and Kodak for giving me the opportunity to be in this group. I really enjoyed trying something new and experiencing something new as in video taping myself. Yes, I was a bit nervous about it but it was fun! 

dana63

I made stuffed peppers..

I used red peppers cut off top and clean out the seeds.. I used ground pork but you can use hambuger. Onions and spices, egg and brown rice.. I stuffed the peppers  and put bread crumbs on top and baked 350 for an hour. I put Reynolds Wrap on it and took it off the last 15 minutes and turned my oven up so I could brown the top..

keeler_s

For my grilled meal we decided to do corn on the cob, garlic seasoned potatoes and beef kabobs.
It took about 25 mins to cook and was such an easy clean up. I will for sure be using foil for more mess free dinners.

The potatoes turned out moist and soft they were absolutely delicious. It was my first time using foil to grill and my first time cooking potatoes in it. The corn turned out wonderful as well we buttered the corn amd wrapped it up and put it on the top rack.
Our kabobs were made with beef, pineapple and yellow and orange bell peppers. Everything was cooked to perfection and the foil helped keep the pineapple and peppers very juicy.

all in all it was a great experience.cooking with renyolds foil and something I will recommend and do again
keeler_s

One more picture
crafteechic
by New Member on Aug. 8, 2013 at 5:24 PM
We're trying this recipe tonite!!!!! I can't wait to taste it :)

Easy Grilled Chicken Recipes
Currently 2.62963/5 Stars. 27
Servings: 4

Ingredients
Reynolds Wrap® 18-inch Wide Heavy Duty Aluminum Foil

3 to 4 pounds chicken drumsticks and thighs

1 bottle (16 oz.) Italian salad dressing

1/3 cup lemon juice

1/3 cup honey

1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce

2 teaspoons paprika

Prep
RINSE chicken under cold water; pat dry.
COMBINE Italian salad dressing, lemon juice, honey, Worcestershire sauce and paprika in a plastic zipper bag. Reserve 1/2 cup marinade for basting chicken during grilling. Add chicken. Close the bag and turn to coat chicken. Marinate 1 hour, turning chicken once. Remove chicken from marinade and discard marinade.
PREHEAT grill to medium. Tear off a sheet of Reynolds Wrap 18-inch Wide Heavy Duty Aluminum Foil long enough to cover grill grate. Make drainage holes in sheet foil with a large grilling fork.
PLACE aluminum foil sheet with holes on grill rack; immediately place chicken on aluminum foil
Cook
GRILL chicken 5 minutes; turn. Continue grilling and turning every 5 minutes until chicken is tender and reaches 180°F, about 30 minutes. Brush with reserved marinade during last 5 minutes grilling time.
BeachMommy07

I made these:

Portabella Mushroom Burgers

Servings: 6

Ingredients

3 tablespoons butter, melted

2 cloves garlic, minced

6 large portabella mushrooms

6 slices Provolone cheese

6 hamburger buns

SAUCE:

1 cup light sour cream

2 tablespoons red wine vinegar

1/4 cup Dijon mustard

2 teaspoons sugar

1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper

Cook

1. GRILL uncovered 6 to 8 minutes, turning once, until mushrooms are browned and tender. Place 1 slice of cheese on each mushroom during the last minute of grilling.
  2. COMBINE sour cream, vinegar, mustard, sugar and pepper in small microwave-safe bowl to make sauce. Microwave on HIGH power 30 seconds or until warm. Serve sauce over burgers in buns. Add lettuce and tomato, if desired.

Prep

1. PREHEAT grill to medium-high. Make drainage holes in a sheet of Reynolds Wrap Non-Stick Foil with a large fork; set aside.
  2. COMBINE butter and garlic. Baste mushroom caps with mixture. Place foil on grill grate with non-stick (dull) side facing up. Immediately place mushrooms on foil.

I will say these were so delicious! I thank Reynolds Wrap & Cafemom for allowing me to participate. I will never buy anything but Reynolds Wrap ever again! Easy to clean up, no drip, leaves my casseroles safe & secure with no fuss. **I will post a picture tonight**

Momtoasurvivor
1 mom liked this

I found the cheesy corn on the cob recipe on the Reynolds kitchen website, I picked it for my family because corn on the cob is one of our most favorite sides to bbq for dinner.  We all really liked the recipe the rosemary and Parmesan cheese gave the corn an extra layer of flavor that we really enjoyed and we will defiantly make again! 

My husband is the grill master in our family and he uses Reynolds Wrap all the time, we did learn that Reynolds Wraps is very strong we had no idea that it would hold 4 corn on the cobs without tearing.  We tend to use a lot of Reynolds wrap during the summer because its perfect for bbq and always means less clean up!

To be very honest I think that Reynolds wrap should be a staple in every house hold, its a great product that can be used with just about every meal in your house!  
OBImomma
We made chipotle style burritos. I sliced onions, bells peppers and skillet steak, added salt, pepper chipotle seasoning packet and a little butter into a bowl. Mixed it up. Made a "envelope" with the Reynolds wrap aluminum foil and put everything in and sealed it shut. Put in in the oven at 350 for 25 minutes.

While that was cooking I made some brown rice that I added 2tsp of cilantro too. When it was done cooking I added a can of black beans.

We topped the burritos with shredded cheese, salsa, and sour cream.

They were delicious! And thanks to the Reynolds wrap aluminum foil there was easy cleanup!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ablackdolphin
by Member on Aug. 8, 2013 at 5:24 PM
1 mom liked this

As part of the Reynolds Wrap Aluminum Foil Influencer Program, I selected the Grilled Teriyaki Pork Chops meal from Reynoldskitchen.com. 

This looked like a great meal for my family to try because we have two little ones (3.5 and 1.5) and we eat a lot of rice and we love pork.

The recipe was very simple.  It just required pork chops, a teriyaki glaze, frozen stir fry veggies, pineapple, rice and Reynolds Foil.

I actually had my husband make a homemade glaze because I need to be gluten free. 

The recipe and assembly was very easy and mess free.

You place a pork chop on a piece of Reynolds Foil, salt and pepper, add veggies, pineapple and top with the glaze then wrap up and place on the grill.

We grilled them for about 35 minutes and turned them over once.

When we unwrapped them, my niece who is visiting commented how good they smelled.  We served them with jasmine rice.

We all went back for seconds and really enjoyed the meal.

Clean up was very easy and I LOVE that you can recycle Reynolds Foil!

Here are some pictures I took:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advertisement Advertisement