Inside the Kitchen

Your guide to creating meal magic every day - from cooking to baking to entertaining for any occasion.

Group Home

Share a delicious recipe that's perfect for summer! (Video)

Posted by   + Show Post

Do you have a family recipe that's been passed down from generation to generation that is just perfect for Summer? 

Or perhaps you've come across a new and interesting recipe on a website, in a cookbook, or from a friend that's your new "go-to" meal for family cookouts?  We'd like to hear all about it.

We gave the moms of CafeMom Reynolds Wrap® Aluminum Foil,  and asked them to  prepare a recipe from the Reynolds Kitchens website using Reynolds Wrap® Aluminum Foil.  Check out this great video of our moms in action and then read all about their experience and how their dishes came out.

Share a delicious recipe that's perfect for summer!

sun

by on Aug. 8, 2013 at 5:24 PM
Replies (101-106):
foodie.at.heart
by Member on Aug. 29, 2013 at 10:04 AM

This looks amazing.

Quoting MamaMandee:

Pizza Bread Salad from the Betty Crocker site!

Pizza Bread Salad

You Need:

1/2
cup fat-free Italian dressing
tablespoon chopped fresh or 1 teaspoon dried basil leaves
bag (10 oz) hearts of romaine lettuce, torn into bite-size pieces
(8-inch) prebaked Italian pizza crust (from 10-oz package), cut into 1-inch pieces
slices turkey pepperoni (2 oz), chopped
large tomato, coarsely chopped (1 cup)
piece (4 oz) mozzarella cheese, cut into 1/2-inch cubes

To Make:

• 1In small bowl, mix dressing and basil; set aside.
  • 2In large bowl, toss remaining ingredients. Pour dressing over salad mixture; toss to coat well. Serve immediately.

Tips:

Using ingredients such as turkey pepperoni and mozzarella cheese creates a side dish that's lower in fat without compromising the taste.

Use a kitchen scissors to easily cut the pizza crust into bite-size pieces

Serves: 8

Momtoasurvivor
by on Aug. 29, 2013 at 12:51 PM

Here you go...

http://www.reynoldskitchens.com/easy-recipes/recipe-items/grilled-cheesy-corn-on-the-cob/

Quoting 4kidz916:

I'm going to have to look for that recipe.  It sounds delicious.

Quoting Momtoasurvivor:

I found the cheesy corn on the cob recipe on the Reynolds kitchen website, I picked it for my family because corn on the cob is one of our most favorite sides to bbq for dinner.  We all really liked the recipe the rosemary and Parmesan cheese gave the corn an extra layer of flavor that we really enjoyed and we will defiantly make again! 

My husband is the grill master in our family and he uses Reynolds Wrap all the time, we did learn that Reynolds Wraps is very strong we had no idea that it would hold 4 corn on the cobs without tearing.  We tend to use a lot of Reynolds wrap during the summer because its perfect for bbq and always means less clean up!

To be very honest I think that Reynolds wrap should be a staple in every house hold, its a great product that can be used with just about every meal in your house!  

TerriC
by Bronze Member on Aug. 31, 2013 at 12:18 PM

Burger and Veggie Packets

1 pound extra lean ground beef

1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce

1 teaspoon garlic powder

½ teaspoon onion powder

2 cups frozen sugar snap peas, carrots, onions and mushrooms (from 1 pound bag)

32 frozen steak fries (from 28 oz bag)

4 frozen half-ears corn-on-the-cob

½ teaspoon garlic pepper

Heat oven to 450 degrees.  Cut four 18x12 inch sheets of aluminum foil.

Mix beef, Worcestershire sauce, 1 teaspoon garlic pepper and onion powder.  Shape mixture into 4 patties, about ¼ inch thick.

Place 1 patty on center of each foil sheet.  Top each with ½ cup vegetables and 8 steak fries.  Place 1 piece of corn next to each patty.  Sprinkle ½ teaspoon garlic pepper over vegetables.  Fold foil over patties and vegetables.  Seal edges at top, making tight ½ inch fold; fold again.  Repeat folding at sides.  Allow space on sides for circulation and expansion.  Place packets on large cookie sheet.

Bake 15 to 20 minutes or until patties are no longer pink in center and juice of beef is clear.  Place packets on plates.  Open end of each packet to release steam, then open top of packet.  4 servings

jessicasmom1
by Laina on Aug. 31, 2013 at 2:41 PM

thanks sounds really good

Quoting BeachMommy07:

I made these:

Portabella Mushroom Burgers

Servings: 6

Ingredients

3 tablespoons butter, melted

2 cloves garlic, minced

6 large portabella mushrooms

6 slices Provolone cheese

6 hamburger buns

SAUCE:

1 cup light sour cream

2 tablespoons red wine vinegar

1/4 cup Dijon mustard

2 teaspoons sugar

1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper

Cook

1. GRILL uncovered 6 to 8 minutes, turning once, until mushrooms are browned and tender. Place 1 slice of cheese on each mushroom during the last minute of grilling.
  2. COMBINE sour cream, vinegar, mustard, sugar and pepper in small microwave-safe bowl to make sauce. Microwave on HIGH power 30 seconds or until warm. Serve sauce over burgers in buns. Add lettuce and tomato, if desired.

Prep

1. PREHEAT grill to medium-high. Make drainage holes in a sheet of Reynolds Wrap Non-Stick Foil with a large fork; set aside.
  2. COMBINE butter and garlic. Baste mushroom caps with mixture. Place foil on grill grate with non-stick (dull) side facing up. Immediately place mushrooms on foil.

I will say these were so delicious! I thank Reynolds Wrap & Cafemom for allowing me to participate. I will never buy anything but Reynolds Wrap ever again! Easy to clean up, no drip, leaves my casseroles safe & secure with no fuss. **I will post a picture tonight**

jessicasmom1
by Laina on Aug. 31, 2013 at 2:41 PM

Thanks for your review sounds delicous

Quoting Momtoasurvivor:

Here you go...

http://www.reynoldskitchens.com/easy-recipes/recipe-items/grilled-cheesy-corn-on-the-cob/

Quoting 4kidz916:

I'm going to have to look for that recipe.  It sounds delicious.

Quoting Momtoasurvivor:

I found the cheesy corn on the cob recipe on the Reynolds kitchen website, I picked it for my family because corn on the cob is one of our most favorite sides to bbq for dinner.  We all really liked the recipe the rosemary and Parmesan cheese gave the corn an extra layer of flavor that we really enjoyed and we will defiantly make again! 

My husband is the grill master in our family and he uses Reynolds Wrap all the time, we did learn that Reynolds Wraps is very strong we had no idea that it would hold 4 corn on the cobs without tearing.  We tend to use a lot of Reynolds wrap during the summer because its perfect for bbq and always means less clean up!

To be very honest I think that Reynolds wrap should be a staple in every house hold, its a great product that can be used with just about every meal in your house!  

Apr1l
by Bronze Member on Sep. 3, 2013 at 10:15 AM

delish!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advertisement Advertisement
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN