Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

what to eat? me n my 2 year old

Posted by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 11:45 AM
  • 6 Replies

i need serious help. I always make sure i am feeding my daughter healthy putting greens and fruit bread in her diet each day. Her dr. says she needs to gain wait but she eats great for the most part (hot days she barely eats, but i make sure she is well hydrated) anyways its only her and myself and when iam at the grocery store i am always trying to figure out how and what meals to cook for her and I that are pretty easy and not huge portions since its only her and I. She loves chicken and really isnt picky shell eat whatever i make her and try new things. I  have made fish and baked it and she even eats that. but i want to be healthy and quick with meals. Since alot of the time  I'm working either 8-4 or 3-930 so i don't have her but about 2 full days out of the week so i would like to make her good   meals. anyone have some quick recipes that are healthy !!! thank you everyone its greatly appreciated!

by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 11:45 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
nicolelynnb
by New Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 11:46 AM

excuse my english that title should have been My 2 year old And I ..... opps!

wandep
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 2:15 PM

I would check into bento box styles...she might like finger foods and such. Check out keeley mcguire's blog online. Even tho she is gf and df she has some awesome ideas and I love how she packs her lunches. I am going to be doing this for my kiddos when it comes to school. Probably myself too. :)

michiganmom116
by Ruby Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 2:25 PM

My granddaughter is 19 months old and she loves things like chicken with rice and broccoli, homemade pancakes with berries, crackers and tuna salad, tomato wedges and cheese, hard boiled eggs, broccoli & cheese omelets, chunks of bell pepper, fruit segments, etc.  We just keep it simple and give her a variety of smaller portions of what we eat.

Lauren486
by Lauren on Jul. 24, 2013 at 4:49 PM

She sounds healthy to me!  My girls are all slower to gain weight but eat fairly well.  When my first daughter wa 2, we were told the same thing and kept her on whole milk at the recommendation of the pedi.  We also gave her higher calorie foods like peanut butter.  It honestly never made a difference though.  

Mickimarie
by Member on Jul. 25, 2013 at 4:15 PM

She loves food. Well not beef so much. But really likes veggies, last night she stole a cucumber off the counter and sat there eating it for a snack

Quoting michiganmom116:

My granddaughter is 19 months old and she loves things like chicken with rice and broccoli, homemade pancakes with berries, crackers and tuna salad, tomato wedges and cheese, hard boiled eggs, broccoli & cheese omelets, chunks of bell pepper, fruit segments, etc.  We just keep it simple and give her a variety of smaller portions of what we eat.

lovinmyboys...
by Member on Jul. 25, 2013 at 4:21 PM
Avacado
Nuts
Cheese
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)