Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Summer Cooking Challenge Day 8: Try a New Technique!

Posted by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 1:35 PM
  • 55 Replies
2 moms liked this

How would you rate your grill skills? Do you just throw everything on and come back 20 minutes later? If you are looking for new grilling techinques, try these tips:

• If you want perfect grill marks on your meats or paninis, place foil-wrapped brick on top of the sandwich or meat and grill for 5 minutes on each side.
  • Add smoky flavor to your grilled food by making a smoker pouch.
  • To help prevent drying out your food, seal in flavor and moistness by grilling your food wrapped in foil.

eating

Do you like to try new things when you cook? What's your favorite way to mix up your family's meals?

Click here to sign up for the challenge and get daily reminders!

by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 1:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
michiganmom116
by Ruby Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 1:58 PM

Smoking!  Yum!

I really don't have much time to try new things when I cook.

batjmom
by Sarah on Jul. 24, 2013 at 2:01 PM
I try new recipes and spices often .. Does that count?

We use our grill a lot so I like to try new things.
dandylynes
by Sonnie on Jul. 24, 2013 at 2:01 PM

I love trying new things.  Right now our meals are being mixed up because it's clean out the freezer weeks (was supposed to be one week, turned to 3) and it seems that I'm serving lots of odd combos for dinner.

mewebb82
by Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 2:05 PM
I'm trying new recipes constantly and making up my own based on what I have and need to use.
wandep
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 2:12 PM

We like to try new things sometimes. My family is picky when it comes to new things so I have to be careful as to what I choose to fix.

othermom
by Danelle on Jul. 24, 2013 at 2:13 PM

neat ideas, We try new things occasionally

goddess99
by Bronze Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 2:15 PM

I never leave the grill unattended, I probably turn things more than needed lol. I want to try grilled pineapple.

kitty8199
by Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 2:28 PM
Never squeeze a hamburger. Put things on opposite side of heat and they won't burn.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sarah824
by Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 2:29 PM

We get stuck in a rut around our house. We try to mix it up, but with busy schedules it is hard. I tend to try new things in the winter when we are stuck inside more.

Teeshann
by Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 2:32 PM

i like to try new things. my husband less so. he makes a face when i put something new in front of him. he just wants meat and potatoes. LOL.

the kids are a little more adventurous like me. i like to look through pinterest or all recipes for new ideas.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)