Inside the Kitchen

Your guide to creating meal magic every day - from cooking to baking to entertaining for any occasion.

Group Home

Summer Cooking Challenge Day 9: Marinate!

Posted by on Jul. 25, 2013 at 1:43 PM
  • 54 Replies

A marinade takes some planning, but it will make meat taste so much better by adding moisture and flavor!

There are a wide variety of marinade recipes, but this all-purpose marinade from allrecipes.com is just garlic, soy sauce, olive oil and water can be used on all sorts of meats. Best of all, you probably have most of the ingredients at home. This whiskey barbeque marinade is sure to be a hit and only uses BBQ sauce, whiskey, worcestershire sauce, honey, black pepper, and salt.

Marinating meat is simple when you follow these easy instructions to make grill containers. These containers are not limited to just meat, you can use them for glazes, peppers, onions, or seafood.

barbecuing

How often do you marinate? Do you notice a difference in flavor when you eat marinated food? What are some of your favorite recipes?

Click here to sign up for the challenge and get daily reminders!

by on Jul. 25, 2013 at 1:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
dandylynes
by Sonnie on Jul. 25, 2013 at 2:10 PM

I marinate my meat frequently.  I love flavor.  Yesterday I marinated chicken in soy sauce, sugar, sake and ginger.  It was amazing.

sarah824
by Member on Jul. 25, 2013 at 2:11 PM

The only thing I regularly marinate is chicken. DH & I love to have grilled chicken salad in the summer so I marinate the boneless, skinless thighs in Worcestershire sauce. I add some black pepper, garlic powder, onion powder and cayenne and they are amazing. Super tender and great on a bed of greens.

spelmanmommy
by Member on Jul. 25, 2013 at 2:11 PM
I marinate pretty frequently. I usually use BBQ sauce.
Janet
by Member on Jul. 25, 2013 at 2:17 PM

I do sometimes. I do notice a change in flavor. I like to use Italian dressing.

aandt1999
by Member on Jul. 25, 2013 at 2:22 PM
I love trying different marinades. I like the sweeter ones, and usually use brown sugar in mine.
goddess99
by Bronze Member on Jul. 25, 2013 at 2:34 PM

We've used a few different marinades and we really like the taste they give.

othermom
by Danelle on Jul. 25, 2013 at 2:36 PM

Yes we marrinade out meat and it does make a difference

Peachy34500
by Gold Member on Jul. 25, 2013 at 2:38 PM
I marinate quite a bit and it does make a difference!
Bmat
by Bronze Member on Jul. 25, 2013 at 2:40 PM

I do marinate, and I notice an improved flavor, and steaks are more tender.

gigis1
by Member on Jul. 25, 2013 at 2:44 PM
Huge difference. What we usually make we put beer and a lot of lime and different seasoning because we experiment a bit too much lol
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advertisement Advertisement