Inside the Kitchen

Your guide to creating meal magic every day - from cooking to baking to entertaining for any occasion.

Group Home

Summer Cooking Challenge Day 9: Marinate!

Posted by   + Show Post

A marinade takes some planning, but it will make meat taste so much better by adding moisture and flavor!

There are a wide variety of marinade recipes, but this all-purpose marinade from allrecipes.com is just garlic, soy sauce, olive oil and water can be used on all sorts of meats. Best of all, you probably have most of the ingredients at home. This whiskey barbeque marinade is sure to be a hit and only uses BBQ sauce, whiskey, worcestershire sauce, honey, black pepper, and salt.

Marinating meat is simple when you follow these easy instructions to make grill containers. These containers are not limited to just meat, you can use them for glazes, peppers, onions, or seafood.

barbecuing

How often do you marinate? Do you notice a difference in flavor when you eat marinated food? What are some of your favorite recipes?

Click here to sign up for the challenge and get daily reminders!

by on Jul. 25, 2013 at 1:43 PM
Replies (11-20):
bayliesmommy
by on Jul. 25, 2013 at 2:47 PM
I marinate as often as possible! It makes it so much juicier. Zesty Italian dressing is my favorite for chicken!
MamaMandee
by Mandee on Jul. 25, 2013 at 2:48 PM

I do it now and then. I do notice a difference. Often I just use a package marinate.

Teeshann
by Member on Jul. 25, 2013 at 2:49 PM

we marinate our ribs. we use liquid smoke and i don't know what else dh puts in it. but oh they are good.

rebeccan3
by Member on Jul. 25, 2013 at 2:54 PM

I do like to marinate and I don't do it very often.  I am simple though and will marinate in Italian dressing or Terriyaki sauce and YES, there is added flavor to the meats and/or veggies that you marinate.  : ) 

campingmomof4
by Bronze Member on Jul. 25, 2013 at 2:59 PM

I use marinates all the time.   I cook alot of vension so marinates help alot with the taste. 

TheJerseyGirl
by on Jul. 25, 2013 at 3:00 PM

We marinate steak and chicken sometimes

kgalvano
by on Jul. 25, 2013 at 3:00 PM

i do notice a difference in the taste when it is marinated and no i dont marinate alot.

ARClay
by Member on Jul. 25, 2013 at 3:01 PM
I use marinades quite a bit. Usually for chicken I use Italian dressing. For steaks I use Dale's seasoning. It makes such a difference.
mamamiajk
by on Jul. 25, 2013 at 3:01 PM

we marinate a lot depending on what meat,poultry, or seafood is being made.You can definately tell the difference when you marinate. It's funny that this is todays challenge because we pulled beef ribs last night and they marinated all night just waiting for the grill to be ready to go.

Sunshine2plus2
by Member on Jul. 25, 2013 at 3:09 PM

Me never, my husband all the time. He tries all kinds of things and all I know its always really good. He is the chef in our family! 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advertisement Advertisement