Inside the Kitchen

Your guide to creating meal magic every day - from cooking to baking to entertaining for any occasion.

Group Home

Summer Cooking Challenge Day 9: Marinate!

Posted by   + Show Post

A marinade takes some planning, but it will make meat taste so much better by adding moisture and flavor!

There are a wide variety of marinade recipes, but this all-purpose marinade from allrecipes.com is just garlic, soy sauce, olive oil and water can be used on all sorts of meats. Best of all, you probably have most of the ingredients at home. This whiskey barbeque marinade is sure to be a hit and only uses BBQ sauce, whiskey, worcestershire sauce, honey, black pepper, and salt.

Marinating meat is simple when you follow these easy instructions to make grill containers. These containers are not limited to just meat, you can use them for glazes, peppers, onions, or seafood.

barbecuing

How often do you marinate? Do you notice a difference in flavor when you eat marinated food? What are some of your favorite recipes?

Click here to sign up for the challenge and get daily reminders!

by on Jul. 25, 2013 at 1:43 PM
Replies (41-50):
kabrooks
by New Member on Jul. 26, 2013 at 3:43 AM

I would say we marinate about 75% of the time...we like bbq or itallian dessing is another fave.

lalasmama2007
by Ticia on Jul. 26, 2013 at 11:25 AM

I marinate often.  You can taste a difference.

allycally
by Member on Jul. 26, 2013 at 1:06 PM
I love the way marinate makes the meat taste... problem I have is I forget to do it...
AmeliasMommy206
by Member on Jul. 26, 2013 at 1:36 PM

Occasionally. I don't often have the time to do so.

Jillysmom
by on Jul. 26, 2013 at 2:52 PM

I mainly use bottled ones though after reading this I might change that and try some of these.

SweetLuci
by Silver Member on Jul. 26, 2013 at 2:57 PM

I like trying differnt marinades, but my go to favorite is teriyaki.

wandep
I luv Disney :)
Yesterday at 1:30 PM
by on Jul. 26, 2013 at 8:18 PM

I try to marinate but sometimes I forget. LOL

countrygirlkat
by Bronze Member on Jul. 28, 2013 at 12:17 AM

I actually have meat out to get ready to marinate right now.  We do it a few times a month I would say.  We like tp use the grill mate marinades.

terri76
by Gold Member on Jul. 28, 2013 at 2:26 PM

we marinate all the time...i do not have recipes..we usually just throw things together!!

AzariahsMother
by on Jul. 29, 2013 at 1:33 PM

Just about all the time. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advertisement Advertisement